11 patient evaluations for Pregabalin with a adherence rating of Sometimes

72 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 15, 2014 (Started Sep 10, 2006)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, dizziness)
Side effects: dizziness

Jun 10, 2010 (Started Sep 10, 2006)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, dizziness)
Advice & Tips: i switched to this from Neurontin because of those side effects. these side effects are just as bad, just not as offensive to others
Side effects: dizziness

Mar 25, 2011 (Started Oct 09, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I began taking Lyrica for my fibromyalgia but I have to tell you it has also virtually taken away my migraines and restless leg syndrome. Really happy about that. I get a lot of samples from my doctor as my co-pay for this medication is $40 and I can't usually afford that. Because of this, I take lower than the prescribed dose so I can make the samples last longer. My prescribed dosage is 300 mg a day, but I only take anywhere from 100 to 200 mg daily.
Side effects: dizziness

Nov 8, 2009 (Started Oct 09, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dizziness)
Side effects: dizziness

Jan 1, 2011 (Started Nov 01, 2011)

Slight (for pain)
    Moderate (for mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (increased or worsened depression, increased abdominal girth, throat tightness, heart palpitations, weight gain)
Side effects: throat tightness, increased abdominal girth, increased or worsened depression, weight gain, heart palpitations

Jan 1, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2011)

Can't tell (for pain)
    Major (for mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (increased abdominal girth, throat tightness, heart palpitations, weight gain)

Jun 20, 2009 (Started Nov 01, 2011)

Can't tell (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (increased abdominal girth, throat tightness, weight gain)

Feb 2, 2010 (Started Feb 01, 2010)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Took it once and it made my pain ten times worse.

Dec 28, 2009 (Started Sep 30, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: If you start dropping things, twitching, flailing arms, etc. You are probably on a dose that is too high. Also, I have found that it works better for me if I do not take it several times a day, but take it on the days that I know I have a busy/rough day ahead of me.

Nov 1, 2009 (Started Feb 04, 2008)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: I stopped taking the pills because I gained too much weight, which is one of the possible side effects. To me it wasnt worth it.
Side effects: weight gain

Oct 1, 2009 (Started Feb 04, 2008)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: I gained too much weight.
Side effects: weight gain

Oct 10, 2009 (Started May 01, 2008)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, fatigue, vertigo, slow to wake in morning, daytime sleepiness, tiredness, headaches, blurry vision, weight gain, dizziness)
Advice & Tips: this medicine works for my pain almost as soon as it gets in my system but the various side effects make it a emergency type of med for me i have to need it very badly and when nothing else works.forget driving or reading anything that requires my attention.
Side effects: problems concentrating, fatigue, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, slow to wake in morning, dizziness, brain fog, headaches, weight gain, vertigo, blurry vision

Aug 17, 2009 (Started Aug 16, 2009)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (problems concentrating, intoxicated feeling, tiredness, mania, headaches, blurry vision, brain fog, dizziness)
Advice & Tips: I had a really weird reaction to this treatment. I got manically hyper, its a strange feeling to know that you are acting in an almost manic fashion and the only thing that is keeping you acting sane is the calm realization in the back of your mind that you have to keep control of it. Then, I took the second dose and went with my familly to the store and felt drunk. Not a little silly, like, overserved drunk. Very weird. Called Dr. and they said that had never happened before and that I should not take any more. Then I was sick as heck for two days after. Awesome, right? Not so much.
Side effects: tiredness, mania, intoxicated feeling, blurry vision, dizziness, brain fog, dizziness, headaches, problems concentrating

Nov 24, 2008 (Started Feb 01, 2007)

Slight (for whole body ache)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (spacing out, daytime sleepiness, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: Try taking it only at night and skip the morning dose if you can. I had to stop the morning dose since the side effects are too much to handle and allow me to function well, but the extra dose does help control the pain better but I feel really strange for a few hours and act a little goofy. I would not want to drive during that time period.
Side effects: daytime sleepiness, spacing out, brain fog

Oct 22, 2008 (Started Sep 12, 2007)

Slight (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (daytime sleepiness, tiredness)
Advice & Tips: It can make you very sleepy
Side effects: tiredness, daytime sleepiness

Showing 10 of 11 patient evaluations for Pregabalin