34 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch with a adherence rating of Always

223 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 26, 2016 (Started Jun 27, 2012)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F

Sep 19, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Moderate (for optic neuritis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (constipation)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: Constipation is SEVERE!! Make sure precautions are taken when using this drug.

Aug 19, 2016 (Started Jun 01, 2006)

Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Fentanyl is what keeps me functioning on a day to day basis. Over the past many years (at least pre 2007) it has made the difference when nothing else worked.

Aug 9, 2016 (Started Feb 01, 2004)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 25 mcg Every other day
Advice & Tips: The patch from heb doesn't need the top patch.

May 15, 2016 (Started Feb 01, 2004)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Slight (for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 75 mcg M,W,F

Feb 2, 2012 (Started Feb 01, 2004)

Moderate (for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome hypermobility type)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 75 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: make sure to eat regularly, I also make sure to have a high fiber diet, to regulate the chronic constipation this medicine has caused. For me, one or two Fiber One bars is all I need or 1-2 Cara Cara oranges. We use another patch on top to hold it in place. it's from 3M. We then write the date & time we changed that patch to help with memory. They didn't have this, but I change my patch ever 48 hours. I use 15 in 1 month's time, costing 8.00. I also insist on the Mylan brand, it's smaller, takes off less skin when removed and fits perfectly under the patches I use on top (will edit later with a name of this patch)!

May 29, 2016 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Slight (for cervical spondylosis)
    Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for muscle spasms in neck)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Continues to relieve a considerable amount of my pain and allows me to function more than I could without the patch.  Doesn't relieve all my pain, but it sure reduces the level.

Nov 28, 2015 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Major (for cervical spondylosis)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for muscle spasms in neck)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: A correction to the above - at my doc's suggestion, we backed off the amount of fentanyl.  Downgraded to 75 mcg/hr with noticeable increase in pain levels.  At 50 mcg/hr, I couldn't function at all.  Pain levels too high and left me in bed or chair and with tears.  Back to 100 mcg/hr.  It doesn't relieve all my pain by any means, but it allows me to function.

Mar 1, 2011 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Major (for Nerve pain/muscle spasm from degenerated cervical vertebrae)
    Major (for pain)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: As an opiod, it is critical to keep a note where easily seen to ensure changing to new patch on time. In a few hours after missing change time, unpleasant withdrawal symptoms start. It much easier to use than the oral meds and prevents the up and down pain levels that oral meds create. Like all opiods, it is constipating, but (at my docs suggestion) I take a stool softener ever morning. That seems to relieve 90% of the problem. Because of degeneration in my cervical vertebrae and the days I overdo, I supplement the patch with oral opiods as needed. All in all, without the patch, I don't think I could function at all.

Mar 30, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2013)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (low blood pressure)
Advice & Tips: If you already have low blood pressure, be sure to monitor it while on this medication.

Mar 4, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2011)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (chronic constipation)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I've noticed with the fentanyl patch that I become accustomed to the dose rather quickly. I don't know whether it's my overall tolerance to narcotic pain relievers or what, but every time my doctor increases my patch dosage, the relief seems very short-lived; I'm talking within a couple weeks, it seems like it's no longer helping as it should.

Jan 19, 2014 (Started Feb 26, 2013)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for chronic pain syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: Write date you put the patch on on the patch.

Jul 1, 2012 (Started Apr 06, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
    None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (constipation, sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, loss of energy, adhesive reaction)
Dosage: 75 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: due to a skin allergy and several side effects i stopped the patch and started a new medication
Side effects: adhesive reaction, dry mouth, sexual dysfunction, loss of energy, constipation

May 13, 2009 (Started Apr 06, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (constipation, sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, loss of energy, adhesive reaction)
Dosage: 100 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: definately the adhesive sensetivity.

May 26, 2012 (Started Dec 15, 2010)

Major (for deep leg pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, itching)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: i have side effects to most narcotics. i did not like watching the clock and worrying about when it was time for my meds. caring pills around. with the patch i change it every 3 days. i alternate on my arms but get to itchy to place it the other recommended spots. change it and forget it, then take Vicodin once or twice a day for breakthrough. i gets alittle hot and sweaty but i use a trans dermal bandage/see though. a box is about $10s for month and really keeps them stuck i have bad reactions to most pain meds like percocet and Oxycontin and i did not like having to watch the clock and carry meds around with me so i could take it ever 4 hours. i really like being able to put on patch on my arm (alternating) every three days and forget about it. only taking Vicodin for breakthrough. i am very pleased with it

Showing 10 of 34 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch