5 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch with a adherence rating of Usually

21 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 12, 2016 (Started May 01, 2011)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 100 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I change my patch every 72 hours so when I put my patch on I write the date on my patch with a permanent marker so I don't have to keep track of when to put on a new one. ....... I am a woman and I have found after many trials and errors that the best place to stick the patches is underneath your breast. The patch adheres nicely to that skin and nobody sees it. It isn't bothered by your bra either. When I put it on I hold my hand over the patch to the count of 30 so my hand warms up the adhesive so it sticks all the way around. I will look up the brand as this brand that I asked the pharmacist to get is the best brand around. Like others said, there is a difference in the brands and I told my pharmacist that! ....... I am still in horrible pain so I don't know how much pain I would be in if I did not have the Fentanyl Patch to wear. I know that when I first started wearing it I felt some difference when I got to the 100mcg patch.

Mar 25, 2013 (Started Jan 09, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea and vomiting, chronic headaches)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I will take anything that will ease my pain....

Feb 1, 2013 (Started Sep 09, 2012)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (knots in muscles)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: Where I placed the patch,I would get huge knots...as if my nerves just bundled there.

Dec 13, 2012 (Started Sep 09, 2012)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
Dosage: 25 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I use one every 72 hours.Sometimes I have to take a Vicodin on top of that,just to get some pain relief.It helped more when I used a different brand.

Mar 13, 2011 (Started Jan 24, 2011)

• Side effects

Feb 24, 2011 (Started Jan 24, 2011)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: i'm still in the process of working up to a comfortable dosage as of yet. the 25mg is, so far, an improvement from the 12mg. i am fairly functional with it, and not too groggy.

Jun 13, 2009 (Started Mar 10, 2009)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (itching, rash or skin problems)
Dosage: 250 mcg Monthly
Advice & Tips: That several people I know have allergic reactions either due to the adhesive or filler. I have been on the patch since 2001 and just since my drug store changed manufacturers did I have this problem.
Side effects: itching, rash or skin problems

Showing 5 of 5 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch