14 patient evaluations for Rotigotine with a adherence rating of Always

113 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 15, 2017 (Started Sep 15, 2012)

Major (for Increase effect of another treatment)
    Moderate (for Medication management)
    None (for falls)
    Moderate (for lethargic in the evening)
Dosage: 1 PATCH Daily
Advice & Tips: When my physician switched me to RYTARY from carbidopa-levodopa in July 2017 I began experiencing excessive movements, imbalance and falls. I fell more in the four months after I began taking Rytary and using the neupro patch than I had in the four previous years. I left off the patch for a week and the excessive movements and imbalance symptoms gradually faded, but the wearing off returned. I then experimented and cut the patch in half and then into quarters which seemed to be the right dosage. Make sure that your medical prescribers consider factors such as how much your weight size and age when changing your medications. I don’t think this was considered in my case. I’m a 70 year old woman, 5’1” and weigh 125 lbs. Consideration of these factors should have been given before I was told to continue on as usual with the Neupro patch. Drug interaction is a primary problem with medications

Jun 30, 2016 (Started Oct 16, 2012)

Slight (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (leaning to the right)
Dosage: 4 mg/24 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: I was leaning way to far to the right.

Jun 25, 2016 (Started Jun 15, 2015)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Severe (hypnagogic hallucinations, delusional behavior, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), hypersexuality, delusional thinking)
Advice & Tips: Have someone closely monitor your behavior and medicine for the firs few months.

Oct 7, 2015 (Started Jun 15, 2015)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (hypnagogic hallucinations, delusional behavior, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), hypersexuality, delusional thinking)
Advice & Tips: I use the Neupro patch; which requires making sure it is properly "stuck" to your skin and in the ideal locations they give you in their instructions. I enjoy the 24 hour release and no more pills. You should carry a spare when you are learning to apply it. Stays on well in water.

Sep 2, 2015 (Started Jul 11, 2013)

Dosage: 1 other Daily

Sep 2, 2014 (Started Jul 11, 2013)

Can't tell (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Mild (skin irritation under patch)
Dosage: 4 mg/24 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: secure patch adherence with an overpatch of Hypafix dressing retention by BSN

Apr 14, 2015 (Started Sep 05, 2007)

Dosage: 4 mg/24 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: Since Neupro again became available in the US, I use it as prescribed, i.e., change patch daily
Side effects: swelling in lower extremities, anxious mood

Jan 31, 2010 (Started Sep 05, 2007)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (anxious mood, swelling in lower extremities)
Advice & Tips: due to the cost, I change patches every other day instead of daily and still get the benefits I seek. After 4 weeks on the new dosage my calves & feet were very swollen, but it was mostly gone by the time I saw my neuro 01/28. He commented it was probably my body adjusting to the new dosage. I am also eating more - let's see if that cuts back? :)
Side effects: swelling in lower extremities, anxious mood

Mar 11, 2009 (Started Sep 05, 2007)

Major (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (anxious mood)
Advice & Tips: It's the only dopamine agonist I can tolerate (Mirapex & Requip gave me unacceptable side effects). Re: not adhering to the dosing schedule, I cannot afford to use a Neupro patch for just one day, so I use a patch for 2-3 days with good relief. My only downside to Neupro is eating compulsively, but it's *much* better than either Mirapex or Requip.
Side effects: swelling in lower extremities, anxious mood

Aug 27, 2008 (Started Sep 05, 2007)

Moderate (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Pray Neupro patches become available again soon in the US.
Side effects: swelling in lower extremities, anxious mood

Aug 8, 2010 (Started Jul 20, 2010)

Moderate (for Improve mobility)
    Moderate (for Parkinson's disease)
Dosage: 4 mg/24 hr Daily
Advice & Tips: i take the Neupro patch to fill the gaps or off periods that i got with Stalevo 3x per day just one hour before the next Stalevo. it works. i can do more and feel lots stronger so it supports and enforces the Stalevo to work better. they work well together. the one thing with Neupro is to know where to put the patch. it has to be a seperate place for 14 days. the first patch was 2mg but then i noticed the 4mg is bigger in size so it takes more space. also i have found to use 3M tegaderm to cover the patch to make sure it stays to the skin. the first day it let go in the corners and i happened to be in a hospital where they put the 3M tegaderm on top of it. works like a charm and no problems of the patch letting go. it also is water protecting.

Jul 1, 2010 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

None (for Parkinson's disease)
  • Side effects
    Mild (headaches)
Dosage: 2 mg/24 hr Daily

Apr 21, 2009 (Started Dec 22, 2008)

Can't tell (for Parkinson's disease)
Dosage: 1 g Daily

Mar 21, 2009 (Started Oct 01, 2007)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I had been on the patch for about 3 months when the FDA took it off of the market. my dr and i agreed that because it was helping me with the rigidity in my arm and legs that i would continue using it because he had sample patches that I could use until they expired in April 2009. i am now on Requip XL 6mg. I am starting my 3rd week on the Requip next week i will be up to 8 mg.we are hoping that it does some of the same things that the Neupro patch did for me.

Sep 23, 2008 (Started Apr 23, 2007)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Start using it, as low dosage as possible. I truly know that had I taken it early on I would not have the deterioration I have. Since using Neupro, I am 80% better in some ways, and 100% restored in other ways.

Showing 10 of 14 patient evaluations for Rotigotine