147 patient evaluations for Zolpidem

1020 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 10, 2008 (Started Apr 15, 2013)

Major (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (amnesia)
Advice & Tips: Take this medication right before going to sleep. It has been my experience that if I do anything after taking this medication I will not remember it the next day. I've had phone conversations with people and had no recollection of it the next day. I've gone to the grocery store, prepared meals and driven to people's houses and didn't remember any of it.
Side effects: amnesia

Feb 20, 2010 (Started Nov 20, 2008)

Moderate (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (amnesia)
Advice & Tips: Be cautious with this drug. You can remain active, even driving, although you will have no recall of the activity.
Side effects: amnesia

Feb 1, 2010 (Started Nov 20, 2008)

Moderate (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (amnesia)
Advice & Tips: When I first started taking Ambien, I had amnesic episodes where I bought expensive items on the internet. Did not remember doing it. The drug would make me stoned, but I did not sleep.
Side effects: amnesia

Mar 9, 2010 (Started Feb 22, 2010)

Moderate (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My p-doc just thought I was on too many pills. Bye Bye Zolpidem. I wasn't really using it anyway.

Feb 24, 2010 (Started Feb 22, 2010)

Slight (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: For me, it helps me to fall asleep, I THINK. I don't stay asleep, but I'm not on the controlled release version of this, just regular Ambien. I don't like taking it every night, but I was in denial of how poor my sleeping habits were, they are awful and that can't be good for my mood problems. If I get 6 hours of sleep a night I am INCREDIBLY lucky. 5 is normal, I think. I'm not sure how much time I spend sleeping or tossing and turning though. I know I'm in bed for five hours at least. It helps a lot of people, but not me so much. Eh.

Mar 18, 2010 (Started Oct 09, 2009)

Major (for inability to sleep)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Although this medicine works good for sleep if I happen to wake after taking it I do and say things that I do not remember in the A.M. It can be very scary to have others tell you things that you don't remember at all. DO NOT drive after taking this medication.

May 22, 2010 (Started May 09, 2010)

Slight (for insomnia)
    Moderate (for restless feeling in legs)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: 10mgs at night, worked exceptionally well, ..... however, once I increased my dosage of Parnate, 15-20mgs is necessary to make me fall asleep, and I wake up 3-4 hours after dosing, and must re-dose in order to go back to sleep. Obviously, Ambien has positive effects besides its Anti-Insomnia properties, these include (for me) - reduction of Anxiety/Depression/OCD/Fibromyalgia/RLS symptoms. I have found Ambien to also be useful for Random unexpected bouts of Akathisia, but positive effects only last 4 hours at most, which limits its usefulness for long periods of time. For Me, Tolerance to the sedative/hypnotic effects of Ambien/Zolpidem occur rapidly with Daily use, (tolerance does not seem to occur for any of the other beneficial effects) --- thus, I occasionally take short breaks from use.

Aug 18, 2008 (Started Jul 11, 2007)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects

Sep 4, 2008 (Started Apr 03, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: When I use the ambien and my clonazapam together it puts me to sleep and I wake up feeling not tired right off the bat.I have to use both because the ambien by itself does not work.Make sure your ready to climb in bed right away .

Sep 30, 2008 (Started Sep 30, 2003)

Major (for insomnia)
    Major (for difficulty staying asleep)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (amnesia)
Advice & Tips: Take this medication AFTER you are in the bed and just before you turn out the light to minimize the chances that you will get back up and do or say things you will not remember.
Side effects: amnesia

Oct 10, 2008 (Started Jun 02, 2008)

Slight (for insomnia)
  • Side effects

Aug 24, 2008 (Started Jun 02, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: Ambien prevents me from waking up several times a night, but it doesn't address the cause of my insomnia. It could be due to emotional issues/stress or weak breathing. The Ambien pill does help me sleep better, and it doesn't prevent me from hearing my alarm clock in the morning.

Nov 8, 2008 (Started Jul 31, 2008)

Moderate (for insomnia)
    Moderate (for difficulty staying asleep)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (crying, grogginess, irrational behavior)
Advice & Tips: It can cause you to do strange things.
Side effects: crying, grogginess, irrational behavior

Showing 10 of 147 patient evaluations for Zolpidem