119 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine

1618 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 10, 2008 (Started Feb 04, 2005)

None (for major depressive disorder)
    None (for obsessive-compulsive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Effexor worked miracles for me for the first couple of years--or maybe just a year. Then it pooped out. It seems likely to me that when I combined Effexor with a heavy running regimen I frequently got a true "runner's high". When it stopped working, I went off it in a week. This was a BIG mistake. Effexor is THE MOST DIFFICULT antidepressant to get off of. Withdrawal symptoms can be very intense and include dizziness, shaking, uncontrollable laughing and/or crying, and etc. This lasted for several months.

Apr 9, 2008 (Started Feb 02, 2008)

Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Slight (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
    Slight (for phobic disorder)
    Slight (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Severe (aggressive behavior, shakiness, sweating increased)
Dosage: 37.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: i found that taking this serotonin norepineporine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) medication made me aggressive and shaky, and made me excessively sweat... it helped a little bit with my depression and anxiety, but it wasn't the right one for me... the different medications affect everyone differently, so keep trying them out to find the best one for you, and if you notice some side effects and unusual things, like aggression and all this, then let your doctor/psychiatrist know right away :)

Oct 10, 2006 (Started Jan 12, 2009)

Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: i feel adicted to it i dislike phama believe that natural treatment is the only real answer but quiting the effexxor is all but impossible if anyone can help me get off it would apreciate

Jun 19, 2006 (Started Jun 19, 2006)

Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Manage well though not always on a level i want to be, ie i can get very down sometimes.

Jul 29, 2005 (Started Jun 27, 2005)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for depressed mood)
    None (for major depressive disorder)
    None (for generalized anxiety disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Like any other med, it works for some people really well while it doesn't do anything for others, or even has bad side effects. For me, there seemed to be no effects at all.

May 1, 2005 (Started Oct 02, 2004)

Can't tell (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects

Jan 10, 2005 (Started May 01, 2004)

Slight (for Treat my mood condition(s))
    Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Despite gradually increasing dosages I still felt persistently suicidal. I ended up being taken off this medication when it was determined a more agressive treatment was needed.

Sep 1, 2004 (Started Apr 01, 1999)

None (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (depressed mood, sexual dysfunction, weight gain, suicidal thoughts or urges, agitation with restlessness)
Side effects: agitation with restlessness, suicidal thoughts or urges, weight gain, depressed mood, sexual dysfunction, depressed mood

Feb 6, 2001 (Started Feb 01, 2001)

Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: When I realized that I was getting severely dizzy and was having shock-like sensations in my brain when I DID NOT remember to take it, I stopped it altogether. Then I had recurrence of my depression (but worse than ever), anxiety, feelings of being persecuted, argumentiveness, etc. Thereafter, taking any SSRI would relieve the shocks, but not my depression.

Showing 9 of 119 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine