266 patient evaluations for Pregabalin

2669 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Oct 21, 2007 (Started Oct 21, 2005)

Moderate (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
  • Side effects
    Severe (swelling in legs, feet and ankles)
Advice & Tips: I was taking lyrica for almost 2 yrs. when on Oct. 21,2007 I fell outside my home from our steps and fell almost 2 ft. onto our concrete driveway. Due to this drug, I broke my right arm,shattered my right elbow, and broke my wrist. When I came out of surgery, i was psycotic and thought it was 1974. I had been on other meds for thyroid disease and lasiz, etc. It toook a week in the hospital to bring me back to normal. I suffered very severe side effects in 2007. I will always have limited use of my right arm and have not regained the memories I lost. I just recently had surgery on my right wrist. I now have a metal plate in my elbow and a prosticis in my wrist where i fell. I would not recommend this drug to anyone. I had been on 600 mg. daily and pfizer phar. would not assume any responsibility for this accident. They said my dr. and me should have realized all the severe side effects that this drug could cause. To me, this would be impossible. They said with my other meds., that could have also been a contributing factor. When I went on savella in June of 2009 I have had no side effects from this drug and in fact feel more alert and more responsible for my illness
Side effects: swelling in legs, feet and ankles

Sep 11, 2007 (Started Jul 11, 2007)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects

Aug 15, 2007 (Started Jul 15, 2007)

Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (hallucinations)
Advice & Tips: Serious Hallucinations
Side effects: hallucinations, hallucinations

May 12, 2007 (Started May 15, 2007)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (dizziness, weight gain, headaches, slow to wake in morning)
Advice & Tips: I only take Lyrica when i am very tired and my pain is unbareable , and ihave at least 12 hrs. to sleep and be alert. Lyrica ( and I took it long enough that these side effects should have gotten better, but thry didn't they still make me feel like a vegetable, so i can't take them very often.
Side effects: slow to wake in morning, dizziness, brain fog, weight gain, headaches, headaches

May 10, 1999 (Started Jan 03, 1999)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (pressure headaches)
Advice & Tips: This medicine has not helped me but I have been told by other FM patients that this has worked for them. So good luck if you are interested in trying it. I hope it works for you!
Side effects: pressure headaches

Jan 27, 1997 (Started Jan 27, 1997)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (blurry vision)

Showing 6 of 266 patient evaluations for Pregabalin