45 patient evaluations for Morphine

262 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Nov 8, 2009 (Started Aug 06, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects

May 1, 2009 (Started Feb 16, 2007)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (difficulty falling asleep, insomnia, constipation, dizziness)
Side effects: constipation, difficulty falling asleep, insomnia, dizziness

Mar 14, 2010 (Started Oct 29, 2004)

Can't tell (for Increase effect of another treatment)
    Can't tell (for pain)
    Can't tell (for pain)
Dosage: 0.672 mcg Daily

Apr 20, 2010 (Started Apr 20, 2010)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have been on this for about 4 days.. Have not gotten any relief thus far.

May 21, 2010 (Started May 06, 2010)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: first two weeks I thought i was cured.It felt so good to get out of bed and go thru a normal day(almost).Then bam was slapped down by extreme exhaustion.And pain came back.If I take Vicaprofen then the combo just makes me sleep.

Jun 16, 2010 (Started Mar 31, 2010)

Slight (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: It really is strange, but I never got too much pain relief from the immediate release of this medication. Now, on the other hand, the EXTENDED release is totally different and works like a charm. Plus, my insurance would only pain for a partial prescription of the immediate release pills, leaving me to pay for the rest. So my doctor switched me back to the Lortab 10 for break-through pain and that works so much better.
Side effects: constipation, excessive sweating, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence)

Mar 31, 2010 (Started Mar 31, 2010)

Moderate (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), excessive sweating, constipation)
Advice & Tips: This medication works very well if you take it right at the onset of pain. If you wait for too long and let the pain get too severe, then it is so much harder to control! My doctor just increased it today because I am having a major increase in back pain. I also have swelling of the legs, which is unrelated to the MSIR, but could mean an obstuction causing further pain. I have an ultrasound next week.

Mar 25, 2010 (Started Mar 31, 2010)

Major (for breakthrough pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take this to relieve breakthrough back pain and it is very effective. I went to a pain clinic who didn't believe in anything for breakthrough pain, and I was getting a lot of pain. They stated they had a "ceiling" limit and with the MS Contin, I had reached the limit. My primary care doctor is taking care of that now, needless to say, and since she has, my pain & quality of life have greatly improved!!

Jun 17, 2010 (Started Sep 10, 2009)

Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (constipation, nausea)
Advice & Tips: I have lived w/ severe chronic pain (due to a severe collagen disorder similar to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) for over 7 years. This is the 2nd time in those years that I've been on time-released morphine. I was put on methadone in between. For me, morphine works far better than the methadone ever did. That said, it doesn't work THAT well & I have a lot of breakthrough pain. If I had something to take for breakthrough, I'm sure I'd rate that it works better. The only burden I have is getting to my dr's office every 28 days for my refill (they only give me a 28 day supply, not 30...) as I don't have a car & getting a ride is tedious... I don't tell anyone at all that I take what I do for pain, or even that I take anything for pain, as the last thing I need is them either hitting me up for a pill or just trying to steal them - both things I've had happen in the past, in fact had to end a friendship because of it (they wouldn't quit asking for pills even though I said no). Make sure you eat lots of whole-grain & gets a lot of fiber. Drink a lot of water. These will help with the constipation opioids cause...
Side effects: constipation, nausea, nausea

Nov 8, 2009 (Started Sep 10, 2009)

Major (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Just don't stop taking without dr's advice and tapering down, you can get very sick and can increase any psych issues you may have during withdrawal.
Side effects: constipation, nausea, nausea

Aug 16, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2010)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 7.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: This didn't help at all, it was like taking nothing.

Sep 3, 2010 (Started Apr 30, 2009)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects

Sep 14, 2010 (Started Jul 26, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: No impact, helped a little with sleep but wore off in the middle of the night. Just didn't really help my pain.

Aug 20, 2010 (Started Jul 26, 2010)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I don't understand how to enter dosage correctly. I take 1 tablet 2 times a day. The morning dose doesn't help at all. I see my pain mgmt doctor next week and we will be trying something else. The evening dose, along with 12 mg Ambien CR, allows me to sleep without waking in pain every hour.

Jul 7, 2010 (Started Jul 26, 2010)

Major (for fibromyalgia)