65 patient evaluations for Divalproex sodium

590 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Nov 6, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, diarrhea, loss of short term memory, social withdrawal, overeating, laziness, no lows/highs)
Advice & Tips: I statred to take 2000 mg a day I stoppped checking my bank account from 10 times a day to 2x. My mania will killl me I cannot let it out????
Side effects: overeating, social withdrawal, weight gain, laziness, loss of short term memory, no lows/highs, diarrhea

Sep 26, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I only take 1000mg told my doc it was making me sick taking 2000mg no maina my mania can be deadly

Sep 4, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Advice & Tips: little mania

Jun 13, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, diarrhea, loss of short term memory, social withdrawal, overeating, laziness, no lows/highs)
Advice & Tips: I have taken 2000 mg bt pd since and I am very depressed and fat and no mania

May 31, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I been not taking 2 x 500mg 2x a day untill now I feel better and just 1000mg will not out me in the theaputic range, I had mania since 1/1/10. I have been stable and not soending money but I isolate and gained weight back I have to staRT SOMEWHERE!

May 9, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: this stops my mania but it makesme normal and hate this but my mania can be deadly possible weight gainer

Jan 1, 2010 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, diarrhea, laziness)
Advice & Tips: I have been on 2000mg daily less minia and depression. But no drive feel druged and miss my mania!!!!Also weight problems mainly do to my lazzyness.

Jun 26, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, diarrhea, laziness)

Jun 13, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Advice & Tips: it works

Jan 31, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, diarrhea, laziness)
Advice & Tips: I tryed to go on abilifty and that was for me a desaster. Depkote is the one i need but i have a hard time gettihg motivaded

Jan 1, 2009 (Started Jul 28, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: weight problems

Nov 1, 2010 (Started Jun 30, 2010)

Major (for bipolar manic episodes)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Extreme Hair loss/ breakage of hair. Very upsetting. Its a shame because other than losing my hair it worked well.

Oct 7, 2010 (Started Nov 14, 2007)

Moderate (for bipolar manic episodes)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: this medication made me gain a great deal of weight
Side effects: weight gain

Feb 11, 2010 (Started Nov 14, 2007)

Major (for bipolar manic episodes)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: This medication does a great deal to control my mood swings, however, it has caused me to add a great deal of weight
Side effects: weight gain

Sep 9, 2010 (Started Oct 29, 2007)

Slight (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects

Sep 8, 2010 (Started Jun 05, 2000)

Major (for epilepsy)
Dosage: 2000 mg Daily

Aug 2, 2010 (Started Jul 20, 2010)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (stuttering)
Advice & Tips: I did not tolerate this very well.I had a gait disturbance and very pronounced stutter while taking this.I also started itching about 45 minutes after taking medicine for about 2 weeks.

Jul 25, 2010 (Started Dec 30, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take this medication every single day like prescribed because don't like having a seizure. It's helping me from having several seizures a day to quite a few in the week.

Jul 19, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2007)

Slight (for bipolar disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was previously prescribed this for Bipolar Disorder but seeing as the mood swings have continued and are more rapid than usual bipolar I am now wondering whether it is actually the CFS/MS/FMS causing the swings. Chicken or the egg...

Jul 1, 2010 (Started Oct 01, 2009)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (hair loss)
Advice & Tips: Experienced massive hair loss
Side effects: hair loss

Jun 28, 2010 (Started Jun 28, 2010)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain, fluid retention weight gain)
Dosage: 1000 mg One time
Advice & Tips: Depakote is also known as valproic acid - you can get you insurance to cover it on a name brand and name brand is better and has other effects then yhe off brand.. i got real sick on the off brand .. i have generalized seizures and my seirures can not handle the off brand ... so if you have your neuo submit paper work stating this is true for you for you as well your insurance will cover you. Then take the paper work to your pharmacy. Then they submit it for you and all you have to pay is a copay.
Side effects: weight gain, fluid retention weight gain

Showing 10 of 65 patient evaluations for Divalproex sodium