24 patient evaluations for Depakote

267 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Aug 1, 2007 (Started Aug 15, 2006)

None (for Tourette syndrome)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: MISDIAGNOSED WITH TOURETTE SYNDROME BY AN RXHAPPY DOCTOR. Had an EEG showing Temporal Lobe Epileptogenesis in Nov. 2009 but due to insurance troubles couldn't get a second test done until July 2011, which came back normal. They think my Epilepsy might have gone away on its own by then, but I was not prescribed Depakote for Epilepsy anyway. It didn't make me feel BAD like most of my other medications, but it did nothing for the twitches either. But I stayed on it for quite some time anyway only because my doctor told me I had to take it with ice cream, haha.

Apr 22, 2006 (Started May 18, 2005)

Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain, elevated liver enzymes)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: It seemed to be fairly effective but I had to stop taking it when it began raising my liver enzymes to a toxic level. While I gained some weight from taking this medication most of it was lost easily once it was discontinued.
Side effects: elevated liver enzymes, weight gain

Feb 11, 2002 (Started Nov 18, 1999)

Major (for bipolar II disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Not a great drug. Had major weight gain, and fuzzy and slow thinking. But, it gets the job done, and better than being manic/depressed. Also liver testing every couple months was also a pain.

Jun 14, 2001 (Started Jun 14, 1998)

None (for epilepsy)