53 patient evaluations for Cannabis

408 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 5, 2010 (Started Dec 19, 2007)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects

Feb 15, 2010 (Started Aug 25, 1996)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (drowsiness after eating)
Advice & Tips: Everything is working better. I feel better with out this treatment.

Feb 7, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2008)

Major (for pain)
    Slight (for restless feeling in legs)
    Major (for stress)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry eyes, dry mouth, clumsiness, sedation, loopy feeling, happiness, cognitive decline)
Dosage: 3.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Been surprisingly happy lately. That's not usual for me at all. I've had clinical depression since a very young age.
Side effects: clumsiness, cognitive decline, happiness, dry mouth, sedation, dry eyes, loopy feeling

Nov 23, 2009 (Started Nov 01, 2008)

Moderate (for insomnia)
    Moderate (for pain)
    None (for restless feeling in legs)
Dosage: 3.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Prefer cooking, but smoking is usually the easiest. I find that it doesn't take the pain away, but it keeps my mind from thinking about it so it doesn't bother me at all. Unexpected benefits? Regulated my digestive cycle, I work harder and longer, better sex drive, all around better health really. Helps me fall asleep too

May 7, 2009 (Started Nov 01, 2008)

Major (for pain)
    Slight (for restless feeling in legs)
    Major (for stress)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry eyes, dry mouth, clumsiness, sedation, loopy feeling, cognitive decline)
Dosage: 3.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Effective for pain.

Feb 7, 2010 (Started Nov 16, 2009)

Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
    Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Major (for headaches)
  • Side effects
    Mild (psychosis disorder)
Dosage: 1 g Daily

Dec 23, 2009 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for depressed mood)
    Moderate (for pain)
    Major (for emotional lability)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: As I have said before, we must stick to our meds whatever they may be. I find that marijuana helps in a number of ways. It helps me to sleep, it helps my appitite, helps with depression and in general makes me happier. It is like a 4-H project High, Happy, Hungry, Horny and there is nothing wrong with any of these. I grow my own and that is a fun project....

Nov 3, 2009 (Started May 01, 2009)

Major (for emotional lability)
    Major (for depressed mood)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: This stuff really works.Too bad it is still illeagal in some states. In Nevada you can become a medical marijuana patient but there are no stores for getting it. So I grow my own. I believe that it works to relieve a number of problems I have with my MS.

Dec 2, 2009 (Started Jan 06, 2009)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: I have chose to take an alternative approach to treating my MS. I no longer take ANY prescription pills. I only smoke medical grade marijuana. I smoke throughout the day small amounts. I have had and continue to have a great results. The way I am able to deal with my disabilities and the emotional stress that goes along with it has been dramatically enhanced. Although I still have some physical and emotional pain relating to the MS, I am able to handle it. I don't suffer from any side effects. No munchies or dry mouth :-) I feel like I can rise above the MS and live a happy life.

Aug 23, 2009 (Started May 08, 2008)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Major (for anxious mood)
    Major (for irritability)
  • Side effects
    Mild (word fishing, clumsiness, cognitive decline)
Dosage: 0.1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Strain and dosage: educate yourself on both. For example, for an anxious depressive, the two main strains of sativa (relative upper) and indica (relative tranquilizer) are variously indicated and contraindicated. This can usually be addressed by finding the proper hybrid/blend. Trial and error to learn the minimal effective dosage helps greatly in maximizing effectiveness and minimizing habituation and adverse effects.
Side effects: cognitive decline, clumsiness, word fishing

Nov 10, 2008 (Started May 08, 2008)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (word fishing, clumsiness)
Dosage: 0.02 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Dosage, dosage, dosage! See how little you can ingest and still get benefit. Marijuana is known to produce tolerance at normal to high levels of steady usage, but my experience suggests that below a certain threshhold, negative tolerance kicks in and you can get the same benefit with less and less. I find the effectiveness of inhalation both best and easiest to monitor. I use a (relatively) cheap non-electronic, non-electric vaporizer which has the additional advantage of being portable and discreet. Also learn from your prescriber/dispenser/source about the different effects of sativa (exciting) vs indica (calming) strains, particularly if using for or in the presence of anxiety, depression, or both.
Side effects: cognitive decline, clumsiness, word fishing

Jul 13, 2009 (Started )

Major (for Cannabis sativa is far and away the best for controlling spasticity. Free the weed. Man makes booze, God makes pot, God is perfect, man is not.)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I say read Henry David Thoreau's " On Civil Disobedience" and make up your mind to thumb your nose at the New Prohibition. I've smoked pot off and on since 1970 with no ill effects. Lots of laughter and music though. Don't be afraid of the DEA and don't believe the lies you've been told regarding the killer weed. It is far less harmful than alcohol!! Our government needs to wake up and do the right thing.

Jun 4, 2009 (Started Jun 14, 2007)

Moderate (for Other)
    Moderate (for chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: dont go over board
Side effects: dry mouth

May 29, 2009 (Started Apr 20, 2000)

Major (for Other)
    Major (for Treat my mood condition(s))
    Moderate (for insomnia)
    Major (for nausea and vomiting)
Dosage: 0.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Legalize It!

Mar 25, 2009 (Started Apr 20, 2000)

Major (for Other)
    Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
    Major (for headaches)
    Major (for nausea and vomiting)
Dosage: 0.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Yes this is a illegal narcotic, but lets get real. When you are very physically ill & have the choice to take several pills to maybe alleviate the situation or smoke a joint & not only find relief physically but also mentally. This should definitly be used in moderation based on your own physical symptoms. If only medicinal Marijuana was mainstreamed in the medical community we wouldn't have to worry about where we're getting it from....Can't help with that but this treatment is truly something I believe in, all politics aside.

Showing 10 of 53 patient evaluations for Cannabis