53 patient evaluations for Cannabis

409 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Mar 4, 2011 (Started Mar 04, 2011)

Slight (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 3 Weekly

Mar 2, 2011 (Started Mar 13, 2002)

Major (for obsessive-compulsive disorder)
Dosage: 1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Has helped my OCD and some health related issues from my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (I had several infections, which left me in a weakened state, I have visible infections, but nobody has given me a CFS diagnosis)

Dec 30, 2010 (Started Dec 30, 2010)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for bulbar symptoms)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea)
Advice & Tips: I tried it after reading others' evaluations. I would suggest trying it. I'm never alone, never drive or do anything else. Dosage is awkward to determine.
Side effects: nausea

Oct 21, 2010 (Started May 08, 1998)

Moderate (for pain)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: I prefer taking it in brownie form--the slow onset of the high seems to lead to less munchies--but it means using maybe 5 times more pot than I would if I was smoking it. That's the main reason I've been growing my own, but it's definitely cheaper and I know exactly how it's been grown. I've also bought a vaporizer to use in those times when I don't have enough around to cook with. It's called a Hot Box, it cost about $125, and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Sep 10, 2010 (Started Oct 28, 2008)

Major (for Treat my mood condition(s))
    Major (for depressed mood)
    Slight (for problems concentrating)
Dosage: 1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Has lifted me out of several periods of anxiety and depression by helping me look at situations from different angles. Has also helped control the pain caused by my ovarian cysts, and the mood problems caused by the cyst's effects on my hormones. it also raises my focus and preoccupation in hobbies, which also motivates me out of depressive moods. Helps with the ADD. Only side effects? Increased hunger and eventual sleepiness.

Aug 16, 2010 (Started Feb 25, 2009)

Moderate (for Treat my mood condition(s))
Dosage: 1 g Daily

Aug 1, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Moderate (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: 0.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: THC is available in numerous forms making it easy for any patient to use. Edibles are sometimes unreliable. THC capsules vary in strength. Smoking with a vaporizor is fast acting and you are able to adjust the amount that you use according to how you feel. THC helps with excessive saliva, cramping, pain, mental well being. It may cause drowsiness and a couch potato feeling. The side effects depend on the type of marijuana and the amount you ingest.

Jun 1, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Major (for Other)
  • Side effects

Aug 1, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 1967)

Major (for General health)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: knocked the edge off the negativity of the day

Jun 1, 2010 (Started Aug 01, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I recommend using a vaporizer, this way you are not burning the medicine just heating it, also baking with it is highly recommended, not only do you get the benefits of the medicine you get a nice treat also! the downfall with baking is you need to use so much more, and if you are like me, it takes so much out of you to bake it, so you need someone else to bake for you! I loved this treatment and had no choice but to stop this nonaddictive medicine to go on highly addictive medicine! all due to cost! I get the highly addictive meds paid for...makes no sense to me!!

Apr 11, 2009 (Started Aug 01, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE WEIGHT GAIN! BE SURE TO HAVE HEALTHY FOOD AROUND!

Mar 17, 2010 (Started Nov 05, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have learned how to eat it with my Yogurt, so I do not have to smoke it any more. This really helps me with my severe pain and spasicity. I really feel like my quality of life has been inproved because of this treatment. Also they are studying Marijuana to see if does slow the progression of ms.

Jun 29, 2009 (Started Nov 05, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: You should treat it as you would medicine. Find out the doseage that works for you. I started with one to two puffs at a time every 3-4 hours. To me it is my pain medication. It works better then any thing the doctor prescribed for me. I used to think neurontin worked well but I still had pain. I do not have pain as long as I smoke my marijuana.

Showing 10 of 53 patient evaluations for Cannabis