4 patient evaluations for Botulinum Toxin Type A with a burden rating of Very hard to take

28 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 28, 2013 (Started Nov 15, 2010)

Slight (for Stiffness/Spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Severe (My left arm became very weak. I could not use it to lift anything or even wash my hair. It wore of this past narch. Decided not to have any more injections., Weakness in left arm)
Advice & Tips: The first 2 times that I received the Botox injections my arm was not rigid after being on it for 3 weeks. It wore off in three months so I had to go back for another injection. The third time I noticed that my arm was a little weak so we decreased my dosage this helped. Then in November of 2012 I received more injections including my shoulder at that time my arm was like I had a stroke I could not use it at all.. So in April 2013 we decided not to continue the Botox. I still have stiffness but I am able to use my arm .

Nov 12, 2012 (Started Nov 12, 2012)

None (for Excessive sweating)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Rashes (redness, swelling))
Dosage: 100 units One time

Sep 11, 2009 (Started Sep 04, 2009)

Can’t tell (for Pain)
    Can’t tell (for Muscle spasms)
  • Side effects

May 30, 2008 (Started May 29, 2008)

Slight (for Other)
Dosage: 400 units Daily
Advice & Tips: This is a very painful treatment, at least for me it was. Perhaps I didn't have the best neuro doing the job.

Showing 4 of 4 patient evaluations for Botulinum Toxin Type A