11 patient evaluations for Naltrexone taken for the purpose of 'amyotrophic lateral sclerosis'

22 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Aug 17, 2009 (Started Aug 07, 2009)

None (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (diarrhea, headaches, muscle spasms in legs)
Advice & Tips: When I first started to take Low Dose Naltrexon, the days were very tiring for me. I was suffering form diarrhoea and often had a headache as well. Yes, the Low Dose Naltrexon triggers more and heavier fasciculations. I notice this in an instant when I go to bed, but I can feel it the next morning as well. The fasciculations slowly disappear during the day. I wonder if this all is a side-effect of LDN or could it be the exhaustion and irregularity? Although this is unlikely, this could also be the result of some other new supplements like Adaptonyl and Vitamin B5 500, which I began using since short time. After I had discussed this with my orthomoleculair therapist, I decided to quit using LDN after a usage of 11 days. The heavier fasciculations have not yet returned and I have heard a likewise reaction from another ALS patient, who had quit after 2 weeks of usage.
Side effects: muscle spasms in legs, diarrhea, headaches

Showing 1 of 11 patient evaluations for Naltrexone