11 patient evaluations for Stem Cell Transplant

122 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Aug 6, 2017 (Started Feb 20, 2017)

Can’t tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: Every 3 months
Advice & Tips: I live in the U.S. but go to Israel for this. It's a long and expensive trip. I cannot tell whether I have seen any improvement from it, but I also have not had any side effect. The headache was temporary and was gone by the 3rd day. So far I have received two treatments and plan to get one more.

Dec 5, 2013 (Started Dec 02, 2013)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: Daily

Feb 11, 2013 (Started Jan 28, 2013)

None (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: It is time for my second week update. i had the Precision Stem stem cell transplant two weeks ago. I am afraid all my gains have disappeared already. I again require a cane to maintain balance and I am using a pillow on the couch to sit on so that I have a higher starting height when I get out of the seated position. Now that the improvements are gone I am even more sure that I did indeed have a temporary increase in strength in my legs. But with such a short period it is really hard to say if it was in fact due to the transplant. So now the question is will the procedure lead to any kind of stabilization. In my case this should be relatively easy to determine. To date except for the period I was on NP001 my FRS curve has almost perfectly followed the average progression 'shape' as you can see on PLM.

Feb 4, 2013 (Started Jan 28, 2013)

Major (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: 1 week post procedure evaluation: Objective Observations: Before procedure was 100% dependent on cane, after procedure I do not need to use the cane. Before procedure could not climb stairs without cane. After procedure I am able to climb stair without cane. Before procedure had difficulty raising myself from a seated position on my couch. Required the use of two cushions which add about 5 inches of height to the seat in order to get in and out of seated position. After procedure no longer need cushions. I have minimal trouble getting in and out of seated position. Subjective Observations: Legs feel significantly stronger, I still only have a small fraction of my original strength but I am walking much better and don't need a cane anymore. I still take it if I go outside (which is rare) just to be safe. I am able to turn myself better in bed. However, I am in a different bed because we are renovating our master bathroom for accessibility. My grip strength seems to be a little better. It seems easier to put my socks on. All improvements have been gradual over the course of the week. For instance a couple days after the procedure I kept forgetting to grab my cane, then a couple days after that I just stopped using it altogether. Every night it just seems a little easier to turn in bed, and to get out of be.

Sep 2, 2010 (Started Dec 28, 2009)

Slight (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: 1.Maybe the placebo effect, if I had not done it would I be worse than I am now 2.Not to many benifits , other than my progression is slow

Aug 20, 2010 (Started Aug 20, 2010)

Slight (for tol either freeze the symptoms or slow them down)
Advice & Tips: Not to many benifits , other than my progression is slow

Aug 15, 2010 (Started Apr 22, 2010)

None (for CD133+ stem cell transplant in frontal cortex)
  • Side effects
    Mild (numbness and tingling with pins and needles)
Advice & Tips: The treatment has shown no benefits as yet.
Side effects: numbness and tingling with pins and needles

Apr 22, 2010 (Started Apr 22, 2010)

Can’t tell (for CD133+ stem cell transplant in frontal cortex)
Dosage: One time
Advice & Tips: This is an experimental treatment that I hope will slow and stop the progression of ALS.
Side effects: numbness and tingling with pins and needles

May 21, 2010 (Started Oct 08, 2009)

Slight (for CD133+ stem cell transplant in frontal cortex)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: At present, axon growth is renewed in both sides of the brain to the brain stem. LMN damage is substantial, so little clinical change. Severe eye burning has subsided though. One time expense of $18,000.

Mar 15, 2010 (Started Dec 30, 2009)

Slight (for inability to manipulate tongue)
Dosage: Monthly
Advice & Tips: It arrested the progression of the disease for the last 5 months.

Nov 4, 2009 (Started Nov 04, 2009)

None (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: One time

Jun 27, 2009 (Started Jun 08, 2009)

Can’t tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Go for it!

Showing 10 of 11 patient evaluations for Stem Cell Transplant