16 patient evaluations for Hydromorphone

108 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 12, 2009 (Started Jun 07, 2004)

Moderate (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: If you need it, take it! Don't worry about addiction, provided you are taking med as prescribed
Side effects: Drowsiness

May 27, 2009 (Started Jul 12, 2007)

Moderate (for Pain)
  • Side effects

Jul 30, 2009 (Started Oct 03, 2008)

Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Nausea)
Advice & Tips: If you exprience nausea with this medication ask your doctor for a prescrition of Zofran. i also keep fire jolly ranchers in the house which help with the nausea.
Side effects: Nausea

Sep 9, 2007 (Started Sep 09, 2007)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was having intense, red-hot stabbing nerve pain in my neck/shoulder/face. My doc refered me to pain specialists who refered me on and on and on. You know what I mean. I had tried many meds and "med-cocktails." Those with dilauded (hydromorphone) kick were working the best for me, but I was still in agony two or three times a day. In dsperation I one day pleaded with the specialist of the month "What are we going to do Doc?" Hoping he was going to hook me up with a morpine drip, surgery or something very heavy duty. I'll never forget this but, he looked down at the floor for a long, long time. After this long contemplation he looked up with a smiile and said, "Some people have had relief with Lidacaine patches. Want to try them?" Well da-aaah sure!" I was desperate and willing to try anythng. That evening when the torture chamber showed up, on went the patch and down went some dilauded. The pain was GONE in 10 minutes. No kidding. It became the solution for me. The torture chamber events are very less frequent now, but whenever I get that twinge in my neck I go for a patch and the event never happens. What a life saver.

Feb 6, 2010 (Started Sep 19, 2007)

Slight (for Back pain)
    Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Constipation)
Advice & Tips: Hydromorphone has done wonders for the shooting pain I have from fibromyalgia. The only bad side effect is constipation. But other then that very happy.
Side effects: Constipation

Apr 16, 2010 (Started Apr 15, 2010)

Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Drowsiness)
Advice & Tips: Take when at home only as it makes you drowsy very quickly. But finally found something I can take that really relieves the pain and it helps me sleep. Groogy in the morning though.
Side effects: Drowsiness

Nov 1, 2008 (Started Nov 01, 2008)

Major (for Statis Migrainosis)
Dosage: 4 mg One time
Advice & Tips: I only was administered dilauded solution intravenously in the emergency room two times for extreme, continuous pain from a migraine. I had two doses of it my first visit the winter of 2008 and then the migraine retuned and I ended back in emergency about a week later for another two intravenous treatments. By them my PCP doc precribed Imitrex to take at the first sign of a headache which was the first sign this kind of migraine. It is also very important for me, as with all migraines I have had, to drop everything and put on eye shades and try and go to sleep. I never ever took dilauded outside of the hospital but I am extremely grateful to the staff there who recognized the kind of sustained pain I had been in for 21 days as my PcP did not give me this kind of care and attention.

Jun 16, 2012 (Started May 05, 2012)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
    Can’t tell (for Chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Severe (Bowel urgency)
Advice & Tips: This may have been worked but mixed with Morphine it made it it to stong for my body to handle. But this does not happen to every one. Mixing my pain med was a real bad impact on me and sent me in to the hospital. This may not happen to every one I just hope you pay attiontion to your own body and if you feel out of sort you seek some help.

Jan 15, 2013 (Started Jan 06, 2012)

Moderate (for Chronic pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Feeling strange)

Jan 27, 2012 (Started Jan 06, 2012)

• Side effects

Jul 1, 2014 (Started Dec 10, 2012)

• Side effects

Apr 3, 2014 (Started Dec 10, 2012)

Major (for Chronic pain)