30 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'fibromyalgia' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Major

334 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 31, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2014)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Dosage: 150 mg Twice daily

Dec 30, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2014)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Dosage: 150 mg Twice daily

Jul 20, 2015 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for Pain)
    Moderate (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision, weight gain)
Dosage: 100 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: Be VERY careful about missed doses - especially on higher dosages. I found when they had me on higher dosages that if I missed a dose - or heaven forbid, ran out, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms (much like a heroine addict) with sweats and chills and abdominal cramping and nausea with explosive diarrhea.
Side effects: heart rate increased, weight gain, dizziness, dry mouth, blurry vision, muscle twitching, headaches

Apr 5, 2012 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I had no idea how much pain I had on a constant level until I took this. It has worked wonderfully on the fibromyalgia pain, which is not MS related. I have applied to and been accepted by Pfizer's program that offers Lyrica free to those who are on limited incomes. If you are on a limited income, look up Pfizer's free Lyrica program on the internet.

Dec 17, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision)

Dec 11, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Can’t tell (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision)

Aug 15, 2013 (Started Apr 18, 2012)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This was very helpful for me, and I had good results with it. My advice: be consistent in taking Lyrica. Do not skip doses. I know that it gets old, always having to take a handful of pills every time you turn around. But this is about restoring your quality of life. This medication was like standing in the sunshine after having been locked up in a damp cave. It makes that much difference!

Jul 20, 2012 (Started Apr 10, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: Works extremely well for the fibro; I started taking topomax to off set the weight gain about a year ago and it has helped tremendously

Jul 15, 2012 (Started Apr 01, 2007)

• Side effects

Mar 1, 2010 (Started Apr 01, 2007)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: This medication helps me to stay a sleep more than if I did not take it. It helps with the pain at night and makes sleeping a little easier. I notice a huge difference when I do not take it. The only side effect is sleepiness and so I choose to only take it at night before bed.

Jun 22, 2012 (Started Jul 20, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (anorgasmia, dry mouth)

Feb 29, 2012 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Major (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: Cymbalta (duloxetine) was helpful, but did not usually address all of my nerve pain. I resumed Lyrica and slowly worked up to my current dosage until I achieved analgesia (absence of pain). The only time I notice nerve pain is on bad days when the nerve pain returns. I might speak to my pain management doctor about taking an additional dose on those days because the pain is significant. Not sure if this ia an accepted protocol.

Dec 2, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo)
Advice & Tips: It reduces nerve pain in my legs, but it does not remove it most days. My arms are better, but when my bad days hit, it fails to cover the pain just like my legs. Overall, it appears to work, but it is not totally effective and increasing the dose is not

Dec 4, 2011 (Started Sep 05, 2011)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight gain)
Dosage: 25 mg Weekly

Nov 14, 2011 (Started Sep 01, 2011)

• Side effects

Jul 21, 2011 (Started Nov 10, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: If i did not take this drug for my pain i would not be able to get out of bed!! i have tried all the immediate drugs that are given by the gp's and this is my life saver by far and i had no side effects at all and i would know as i have a massive fear on taking new drugs... it does not take away all the pain of course but for me if i dont take it im in that much pain i cant move so this drug is a massive thumbs up from me :)

Showing 10 of 30 patient evaluations for Pregabalin