12 patient evaluations for Pregabalin taken for the purpose of 'Pain' with a perceived effectiveness rating of Slight

96 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Feb 4, 2009 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

Slight (for Pain)
Side effects: Weight gain

Aug 21, 2008 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

Major (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Weight gain)
Advice & Tips: that it can (and does) cause weight gain, but it really helps the neuropathic pain - I tried 4 days back on Tramadex and ibuprofen and ended up in severe pain. I've decided that I'll deal with any wt gain that I have, but I'll definitely stay on the Lyrica.
Side effects: Weight gain

Jan 5, 2009 (Started Oct 31, 2008)

Slight (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Blurry vision, Dizziness)
Advice & Tips: That if you need this medicine but can't afford it, look up Pfizer's website - they have a form you can fill out that will tell you what programs they have you're eligible for. Just fill it out, print out the forms they indicate (and make sure you read everything, it can be a bit confusing, and you need a separate form for the Lyrica too), take them to your Dr, mail them, and you're done. It's not hard at all, and I'm one of those people that really has a hard time getting things done.
Side effects: Blurry vision, Dizziness

Dec 10, 2008 (Started Oct 31, 2008)

Can’t tell (for Pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Dizziness)
Advice & Tips: I get this medication through Pfizer's "Connection To Care" Program due to the fact that my medical insurance refuses to pay for it even though it's on the drug plan I have. I've been fortunate to receive this medication through the program.
Side effects: Blurry vision, Dizziness