36 patient evaluations for Pregabalin with a cost of $25-49

377 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 16, 2015 (Started Aug 01, 2007)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (swelling in feet, swelling in hands)
Advice & Tips: Works best for me. Lyrica has lessened symptoms of fybromalgia.

Jul 20, 2015 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for pain)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision, weight gain)
Dosage: 100 mg Twice daily
Advice & Tips: Be VERY careful about missed doses - especially on higher dosages. I found when they had me on higher dosages that if I missed a dose - or heaven forbid, ran out, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms (much like a heroine addict) with sweats and chills and abdominal cramping and nausea with explosive diarrhea.
Side effects: heart rate increased, weight gain, dizziness, dry mouth, blurry vision, muscle twitching, headaches

Apr 5, 2012 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I had no idea how much pain I had on a constant level until I took this. It has worked wonderfully on the fibromyalgia pain, which is not MS related. I have applied to and been accepted by Pfizer's program that offers Lyrica free to those who are on limited incomes. If you are on a limited income, look up Pfizer's free Lyrica program on the internet.

Dec 17, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision)

Dec 11, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Can’t tell (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (heart rate increased, headaches, dry mouth, muscle twitching, blurry vision)

Nov 28, 2014 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Severe (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, forgetting words, forgetfulness)
Advice & Tips: Gradually just stopped working.
Side effects: problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, daytime sleepiness, brain fog, tiredness

Jun 8, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Slight (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
    Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, forgetting words, forgetfulness)
Advice & Tips: Now that I'm taking a lower dosage, I really like Lyrica. At higher doses, I was a raging maniac that could barely remember her own name. That IS an exaggeration, but only a slight one. At the lower dosage, I don't get the anger symptoms, and the memory issues are bearable. I still have a hard time remember anything, I have to write everything down on my calendar.

Mar 12, 2013 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness, forgetting words, forgetfulness)
Advice & Tips: The lower dosage in combination with Trazodone has been working amazingly well. I haven't had many of the mood issues I had before. I'm feeling a lot more like a normal human being and am working on getting my stamina back.

Sep 1, 2009 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (vertigo, problems concentrating, fatigue, weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, tiredness, daytime sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: The brain fog and mood swings were more than I could deal with. It worked wonderfully on the Fibro pain, but I could barely remember my name.

Apr 15, 2013 (Started Jan 15, 2011)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: POSSIBLE unexpected results: improved incontinence (went off of Cymbalta around the same time, so not sure which, if either, was to credit because I am beginning to see a decline) Neurontin, although much cheaper, seems to be far less effective. I have lost my prescription coverage through my husband's health insurance, so I can no longer afford Lyrica.

Sep 2, 2012 (Started Aug 03, 2012)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (drowsiness, brain fog, swelling in legs, feet and ankles)
Advice & Tips: When I first tried Lyrica at 300mg/day, I experienced severe swelling in my ankles, legs, wrists, hands. This time I am not having any problems with swelling. Perhaps it was too much salt intake, perhaps it was the Lyrica. I don't know for sure. Now being on a 300mg/day for a month, I experience more drowsiness than before. I feel foggy and unable to focus for several hours at a time. I also require more naps than before. One has to weight the benefits with the side effects. For now, I believe that the pain relief I get is worth the side effects. My pain is not 100% gone, not ever. But it is better than before.

Jul 7, 2012 (Started Apr 20, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)

Oct 20, 2010 (Started Apr 20, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight gain)

Jun 30, 2012 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dizziness)
Advice & Tips: It made me dizzy as a bat!

Jun 30, 2012 (Started Feb 19, 2011)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (morning nausea)

Feb 7, 2012 (Started Sep 15, 2011)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (numbness and tingling with pins and needles, weight gain, rash or skin problems)
Advice & Tips: The side effects do not really bother me, they're just something to keep in mind. It really does help though.

Jan 12, 2012 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

Slight (for numbness and tingling with pins and needles)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (fainting, dizziness)
Side effects: fainting, dizziness

Apr 19, 2011 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

Slight (for numbness and tingling with pins and needles)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (fainting, dizziness)
Advice & Tips: Having a lot of dizziness today - try to drink a lot of water and eat enough food to keep my blood sugar level even. Still trying to figure out how to combat the dizziness.
Side effects: fainting, dizziness

Apr 11, 2011 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

Moderate (for numbness and tingling with pins and needles)
  • Side effects
    Mild (fainting, dizziness)
Advice & Tips: Strong connection to hydration and hunger. Makes me feel lightheaded and have become very faint while taking this medicine several times. It gets worse when I change my dosage up or down, so I always slowly back off or add to my dosage as needed. Eventually I plan to go off this medication if my tingling and numbness starts to get better on its own.

Showing 10 of 36 patient evaluations for Pregabalin