15 patient evaluations for Duloxetine with a adherence rating of Never taken as prescribed

280 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 10, 2009 (Started Sep 19, 2008)

Slight (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Severe (seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic))
Advice & Tips: Personally, I would not even take this medication since finding out about the side effects. As a result of taking this medication, I had a severe grand mal seizure (without warning) went unconsious, fell straight back and fell to a concrete floor. The outcome was a terrible concussion, 2 hematomas, large incision, along with constant headachs and confusion that remain today. The worst was, I fell so hard that my neck vererbrae went into the spinal canal and I needed immediate surgery to remove the 2 discs involved. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE especially if you have any type of epilepsy. You are especially pron to have sezuries. I am also adding another medcation that was just announced that a Blqck Box warning will be issued: The medication is called Reglan. I have also added this drug to my list.
Side effects: seizures (grand mal or tonic-clonic)

Nov 20, 2009 (Started Jan 05, 2003)

None (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Cymbalta worked great for me but my body got used to it so it wasn't working as well. I decided instead of upping the dosage again that I would try a different med.
Side effects: decreased sex drive (libido), feel flat

Oct 26, 2009 (Started Jan 05, 2003)

Major (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (decreased sex drive (libido), feel flat)
Advice & Tips: It also helps with pain.
Side effects: decreased sex drive (libido), feel flat

Sep 1, 2009 (Started Jun 24, 2009)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I stopped taking this because it didn't help the pain and I was going for surgery and got off all medication.

May 11, 2009 (Started May 10, 2009)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea, dizziness, sedation, brain fog)
Advice & Tips: Made me HORRIBLY sick. In bed for two days feelling like I had a massive hangover. Only took one dose. All of the antidepressant drugs have done this to me, which is unfortunate because I never get t o take them long enough to see if they may actually work.
Side effects: brain fog, sedation, nausea, dizziness, nausea, dizziness

Jul 22, 2006 (Started Jun 22, 2006)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Cymbalta did not agree with me at all. I had severe nausea and stomach pain the entire time I was on it. It was not for me.
Side effects: nausea, stomach pain

Showing 5 of 15 patient evaluations for Duloxetine