18 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1a SubQ injection with a cost of $25-49

162 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jun 2, 2012 (Started Dec 26, 2006)

None (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (muscle aches, injection site redness, injection site reaction, fever/chills, fatigue)
Dosage: 44 mg 3 times a week
Advice & Tips: I took REBIF for 4.5 years. I found that a T, Th, and S regimen worked best, allowing a day yo regroup for the work week. I have found that my fatigue and depression increased on the medication. After more MRI changes, me neuro is now switching me to Tysabri.
Side effects: muscle aches, fever/chills, injection site redness, injection site reaction, fatigue

May 31, 2010 (Started Dec 26, 2006)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (muscle aches, injection site redness, injection site reaction, fever/chills, fatigue)
Dosage: 44 mg 3 times a week

Jan 1, 2010 (Started Dec 26, 2006)

Dosage: 44 mg 3 times a week

Oct 15, 2009 (Started Dec 26, 2006)

Dosage: 44 mg 3 times a week
Advice & Tips: My initial use of Rebif was a T-TH-S regimen. I found that I had extreme fatigue each Monday morning while adhering to that schedule. I switched to M-W-F shots, early in the evening, and found that using the week-end to "recover" from the injections allowed me to feel much better on Monday mornings. I added Amantadine (200 mg) daily, and with the combination of the two, feel that the overall changes have helped significantly. Tylenol-Extra Strength in the evenings seems to help battle the side effects from the shots.

Aug 1, 2011 (Started Mar 26, 2003)

• Side effects

Sep 21, 2010 (Started Jun 24, 2008)

Can’t tell (for balance problems)
Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL 3 times a week
Side effects: weakness in legs

Jul 20, 2010 (Started Dec 14, 2009)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (medicine head, injection site bruising, injection site pain)
Dosage: 44 mcg/0.5 mL 3 times a week
Advice & Tips: My doc and I are currently looking at the possibility of ending my rebif treatment. I have been on the rebif for 7 months and I am currently already in another flare up. I am on my way in the morning for the IV treatments and going for an MRI on Friday. We will base our decision on the results.
Side effects: medicine head, injection site bruising, injection site pain

Feb 25, 2010 (Started Dec 14, 2009)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (medicine head, injection site bruising, injection site pain)
Dosage: 44 mcg/0.5 mL 3 times a week
Advice & Tips: My experience is to do the injections just before bedtime, to avoid dealing with the flu-like symptoms, I also take 2 Aleve just before doing the injection. It seems to help me a great deal. The impact on my life with doing the injections is fairly mild, not a treat by any means, but it is a factor that I need to deal with.
Side effects: medicine head, injection site bruising, injection site pain

Mar 21, 2010 (Started Oct 21, 2009)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (whole body ache)
Dosage: 44 mcg/0.5 mL 3 times a week
Side effects: whole body ache

Mar 17, 2010 (Started May 15, 2008)

Slight (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 3 x 44 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: Liver blood results abnormal. To discontinue for 1 month and retest blood work.

Feb 4, 2010 (Started Jul 01, 2008)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (Raynaud's phenomenon)
Dosage: 44 mcg/0.5 mL 3 times a week
Advice & Tips: Pre-medicate 1 hour before taking shot; take before bed time so you sleep through any discomfort.
Side effects: Raynaud's phenomenon

Dec 21, 2009 (Started May 08, 2005)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (injection site swelling, injection site itching, flu like symptoms, injection site redness, injection site reaction)
Dosage: 0.44 mg Every other day
Advice & Tips: Doctor discontinued treatment after I was diagnosed with breast cancer telling me that some immunologists believe interferons impact cancer treatments. In March, we'll dec ide on alternative treatments for MS.
Side effects: flu like symptoms, injection site itching, injection site redness, injection site swelling, injection site reaction

Aug 9, 2009 (Started Jun 01, 2009)

None (for fatigue)
  • Side effects
    Severe (burning pain at injection site, muscle aches, injection site itching, injection site pain, headaches)
Dosage: 3 x 44 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: this treatment was so much easier than the copaxone treatment i was on previously as you had injections only 3 x a week Mon, Wed, Fri, needles smaller and thinner.the support team seemed to be much better. Had a relapse that the most painful I have had during my MS. Started taking copaxone again but still not back to my pre rebif self. Not sure what created my relapse, But have been under a lot of stress .
Side effects: burning pain at injection site, muscle aches, injection site pain, headaches, injection site itching

Jun 18, 2009 (Started Nov 18, 2005)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (muscle aches, depressed mood)
Dosage: 3 x 44 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: Depression.
Side effects: depressed mood, muscle aches

Showing 10 of 18 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1a SubQ injection