2 patient evaluations for InterStim Therapy with a side effects rating of Mild

10 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 17, 2012 (Started May 17, 2012)

Moderate (for Bladder problems)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Pain in lower back, Slowness in bowell movements)
Dosage: One time
Advice & Tips: The surgery itself took about 1.5 hours. When I woke up, I felt fine (obviously because I was still slightly anesthetized.) I've had a few days now to 'break in' my new implant. I'm still having some pretty severe pain at the incision site, but I'm assuming that will go away with time. As for efficacy, the implant is doing really well. I went from using the bathroom 20-25 times a day to only going about 5-10. That makes the entire thing worth the trouble. I will say honestly that the first few days, I had trouble urinating, as in I would sit down and it felt like it took 10-15 minutes to empty my bladder fully. I've been drinking lots of water since then, and it has been getting better. I'm still having trouble having a bowel movement when the implant is turned on. This might just be because of the pain from the wires that are implanted next to my tailbone. I plan to talk this over with my doctor when I get my dressings removed tomorrow. All in all, I'm happy I got the implant, and I look forward to a future that doesn't revolve around a bathroom.

Feb 17, 2010 (Started Jul 16, 2009)

Moderate (for Bladder problems)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Bladder problems)
Dosage: All the time (24/7)
Side effects: Bladder problems

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for InterStim Therapy