34 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch with a adherence rating of Always

223 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Apr 25, 2012 (Started Jun 20, 2011)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (spinning dizziness (vertigo), sleepiness)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: patch does not adhere to my skin. I have to try not to cover the patch, but I do have to use band-aids to keep it on.

Jun 27, 2011 (Started Jun 20, 2011)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Mild (spinning dizziness (vertigo), sleepiness)
Dosage: 50 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: Since I already have trouble with urinary function, this medication has added to the difficulty in voiding or gives the sensation of urgency. I have found that it is difficult to keep the patch to stay on especially in the hot and humid weather. I have to tape it on.

Oct 10, 2011 (Started Sep 14, 2011)

Slight (for joint pain)
    Slight (for migraine headaches)
    Slight (for back pain)
    Slight (for plantar fasciitis)
    Slight (for chest pain)
    Slight (for meralgia paresthetica)
    Slight (for pain in leg(s))
    Slight (for abdominal pain)
Dosage: 50 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: PAin in the butt getting it ti stick

Jun 17, 2011 (Started Jan 01, 2011)

Moderate (for chronic pain syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (daytime tiredness, withdrawal effects)
Advice & Tips: Great treatment but it takes over your life. I need to get off it now as I am a little better after surgery.
Side effects: daytime tiredness, withdrawal effects

Jun 4, 2011 (Started May 13, 2011)

Major (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (rashes (redness, swelling))
Dosage: 12 mcg M,W,F
Advice & Tips: I wish I could have stayed on Fentanyl, but I developed a bad rash. I don't know if I'm allergic to Fentanyl or just the sticky stuff on the back. Write to Fentanyl makes and tell them to find a way to make the patch stick to your body. I had to replace the patch constantly due to lack of efficacy to stick to skin. I also used Transderm tape (recommended by doctor) and it wouldn't adhere properly to the skin.
Side effects: rashes (redness, swelling)

Mar 23, 2011 (Started Jan 19, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for pain)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: I set a reminder on my cell phone so I don't forget to change my patch every 72 hours. The downside to taking this medication, besides the side effects, is sticky residue that is left over after removing one patch. Sometimes it causes itchiness and sometimes it is hard to remove the residue.

Feb 24, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I don't think this is a treatment for people who are "Pleasently plump"! I feel it was not an enough dose and had to be upd but my doctor instead took me off of the patch and back on the Morphine. I have to wait a month til my dose of Morphine can be raised. Im sorry for the disappointment and I am sooo scared that I will not find anything that works.

Feb 17, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I started the patch 2/16/11 and take it every 72 hours but I have yet to feel any relief from it and suspect I have to go up a few doses.

Nov 25, 2010 (Started Mar 12, 2010)

Major (for pain in lower back)
    Moderate (for sciatic nerve pain)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 100 mcg All the time (24/7)
Advice & Tips: Don't forget to change patch. The effects start to reduce after 2 days so I used 2 x 50 patches and changed one every 36 hours. Very effective but the sticky residue can irritate the skin. Takes a while to get used to but well worth it.
Side effects: lack of motivation

Oct 8, 2010 (Started Feb 01, 2010)

Slight (for chronic pain)
Dosage: 12 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: I started having an allergy to the adhesive and I quit taking the fentanyl because I need more options in pain relief and my doctor seemed really concerned about me being on the patch. I was still in so much pain on the patch. I asked my doctor to increase it in the past but she did not want to. Then I started developing the allergy. I was in so much pain the last month I was on the patch overall I determined that the box of patches I recieved was deffective. One bad thing was the patches kept coming off and you cannot put tape on top of it to stay on or the patch will be less effective.

Oct 4, 2010 (Started Dec 15, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 50 mcg Daily

Sep 20, 2010 (Started Sep 01, 2010)

Major (for chronic pain)
    Major (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Severe (nausea and vomiting)
Dosage: 25 mcg Daily
Advice & Tips: Was shocked something finally got rid of all my pain, once upped to the 50mg patch; however, I was already really sick to my stomach on the 25mg patch and when the dr upped it I couldn't stop vomiting...literally. & trust me i tried hard to tolerate it because it was the first time I hadnt been in pain for as long as I could remember, but I couldnt go to work cause i threw up at work, in the car, at home...I had to quit taking it.

Showing 10 of 34 patient evaluations for Fentanyl patch