252 patient evaluations for Baclofen

1,511 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

May 15, 2012 (Started Nov 04, 2010)

• Side effects

May 2, 2012 (Started Jun 04, 2010)

Can't tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Severe (flight of ideas)
Advice & Tips: took for 2 days and stopped

Apr 21, 2012 (Started Mar 15, 2011)

Major (for muscle spasms)
    Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (nausea)

Apr 5, 2012 (Started Jan 04, 2009)

Slight (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Slight (for multiple sclerosis)
    Slight (for muscle spasms)
  • Side effects
    Mild (fatigue)
Advice & Tips: i ended up taking 20mg 4x daily for spasticity and clonus. it wasnt enough. I have spasticity throughout my entire body but legs were worst. I relied on some of it to stand or walk, but it didnt help having such stiffness. So now have the pump. I have a UTI, so some stiffness has returned, but only take 10mg at night. it will cause fatigue when you first start taking it, but follow your prescription and stay on it, your body will become used to it and you wont have the fatigue.
Side effects: fatigue, fatigue

Apr 8, 2009 (Started Jan 04, 2009)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
    Moderate (for stiffness/spasticity)
    Moderate (for muscle spasms)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I felt fatigue at first, just kept taking it as scheduled, and my body got used to it, so fatigue went away it helps loosen my body up as i have spasticity all over. can definitely tell when i forget a dose, i get stiff all over again.
Side effects: fatigue, fatigue

Mar 21, 2012 (Started Jun 30, 2004)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: For spazticity overnight not a bad drug, but I found ways around taking another pill by stretching before bed and eating better.

Feb 24, 2012 (Started Sep 04, 2008)

Slight (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (sleepiness, muscle weakness, dry mouth, weight gain, staggering walk, fatigue)
Advice & Tips: I have no problems taking Baclofen, but am always mindful how it affects my mobility - which is NOT positive! I find taking a drink of AllCalm before bed much more beneficial for spasms, or restless leg syndrome. It is a Magnesium Citrate drink and works almost straight away! EXCELLENT! It does not affect my mobility.
Side effects: weight gain, fatigue, muscle weakness, dry mouth, sleepiness, staggering walk

Dec 17, 2008 (Started Sep 04, 2008)

Major (for stiffness/spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Severe (sleepiness, muscle weakness, dry mouth, weight gain, staggering walk, fatigue)
Advice & Tips: I wouldn't be surprised if this drug was causing some of us to be in a wheelchair - but what do you do with spasms? I find that Magnesium Chelate (All Calm) works wonders! However, you have to boil water and who wants to get out of bed in the middle of the night? Thats when I have to resort to Baclofen!

Feb 10, 2012 (Started Aug 12, 2009)

Major (for spasticity)
  • Side effects
    Severe (dizzy spells, Falls out of the clear blues from the dizzy spells., falls)
Advice & Tips: I you do take this medication just be care full if you are living in a dizzy state to watch to see if it get wores, make sure you talk to your doctor if they get worse. When I was taking this medication it did work very well why I was on it but the side effects were not any I wanted to live with, I was falling just about every time I was walking. so jsut pay attintion while tacking this medication.

Feb 3, 2012 (Started Apr 05, 2011)

Moderate (for muscle spasms)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Doesn't make me real tired like the rest of the muscle relaxers and stops the spasms unlike the rest I have taken and doesn't take as many pills a day

Jan 22, 2012 (Started Aug 25, 2010)

Slight (for Parkinson's disease)
Dosage: 0.05 mg Daily

Aug 26, 2010 (Started Aug 25, 2010)

Can't tell (for Parkinson's disease)
Dosage: 0.05 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: I just started Baclofin yesterday. It was precribed due to my leg and foot pain. It is taken at night. I am taking .5mg. When I awoke this am, my legs felt much better and most of the pain had lessened. Plus, I slept the best that I have had in over 1 year.

Jan 15, 2012 (Started Jan 15, 2002)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weakness in abdomen, excessive dry mouth)

Showing 10 of 252 patient evaluations for Baclofen