31 patient evaluations for Amitriptyline with a side effects rating of Mild

375 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Oct 19, 2011 (Started Feb 28, 2009)

Moderate (for excess saliva)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth at night)

May 11, 2011 (Started Jan 10, 2011)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dry mouth at night, dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: It helps me with my sleep, before I was taking Zolpiedem to help me sleep, but I was doing things that I could not remember doing, and it was kind of scary. It took a little while to get the dosage right, but it seems to be working for the depression and with my insomnia.
Side effects: dry mouth, dry mouth at night

Nov 19, 2010 (Started Nov 01, 2007)

Moderate (for restless feeling in legs)
  • Side effects
    Mild (bad taste in mouth, drowsy in morning)
Advice & Tips: I find this medication leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for hours after I have taken it. I take this medication at night as it can make you feel sleepy and I find that if I am late in taken the medication (like if I have been out and not taken my medication till I get home) that it can make you feel quite foggy in the morning.
Side effects: bad taste in mouth, drowsy in morning

Sep 30, 2010 (Started Feb 05, 2010)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Everyone is different, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else.

Sep 3, 2010 (Started Oct 27, 2009)

Major (for emotional lability)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I take 3 pills each evening (25 mg each). I noticed on a recent road trip that I was extremely fatigued each evening and ended up crying uncontrollably over nothing. I increased my intake to 4 pills only when fatigued. It helped tremendously.

Dec 23, 2009 (Started Oct 27, 2009)

Major (for emotional lability)
  • Side effects

Aug 13, 2010 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), dry mouth, headaches, grogginess, bad taste in mouth, mood changes, vertigo)
Side effects: vertigo, grogginess, bad taste in mouth, mood changes, dry mouth, excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), headaches, headaches

Apr 17, 2010 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

• Side effects

May 22, 2009 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), dry mouth, headaches, grogginess, bad taste in mouth, mood changes)

May 7, 2009 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I find that this medication works well for a while and then it looses its effectiveness.

Apr 14, 2009 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

• Side effects

Apr 7, 2009 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), dry mouth, grogginess, bad taste in mouth, mood changes)
Dosage: 50 mg All the time (24/7)

Apr 2, 2009 (Started Mar 05, 2009)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Mild (excessive daytime sleepiness (somnolence), dry mouth, grogginess)
Dosage: 50 mg All the time (24/7)

Jul 6, 2010 (Started Mar 10, 2010)

Slight (for restless feeling in legs)
    Major (for jaw pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: slightly drowsy for about 1 hour after taking them, help me sleep.

Jun 15, 2010 (Started Mar 10, 2010)

Moderate (for jaw pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: helped with jaw pain alot, restless leg, seems to have gotten a little worse over the last 3/4 weeks, they help me sleep.

Jan 5, 2010 (Started Mar 10, 2010)

Major (for jaw pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: helped with jaw pain alot, restless leg settled quite alot and helped me sleep

May 3, 2010 (Started Jul 10, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects

Jan 26, 2010 (Started Jul 01, 2009)

Major (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects
    Mild (sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: I started taking Elavil at night time to make me sleep through the night because I was having really BAD nightmares. I was screaming and crying and the really bad part was my eyes were open and my husband thought I was awake and doing this, he was calling my name and I didnt respond... so he had to shake me to yell at me to get my attention. It scared him to. The nightmares were all about death, so I have no idea why... but I didnt like it at all and talked to my doctor right away. So Elavil works. But it does make you a little sleepy feeling the next morning, so I advise you to take the med atleast around 8pm maybe 9pm before you go to bed and then that way it has time to work on you and then wear off before work the next morning (if you work). I hope this helps. :)
Side effects: sleepiness

Dec 28, 2009 (Started Jan 01, 1995)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain)
Advice & Tips: This med did slightly help me to sleep but it helped me gain weight WAY TOO MUCH.
Side effects: weight gain

Showing 10 of 31 patient evaluations for Amitriptyline