2 patient evaluations for ALS Phase 3 Study Ceftriaxone

16 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Dec 20, 2010 (Started Oct 11, 2010)

Can’t tell (for Participate in clinical trial)
  • Side effects
    Mild (lymphocytopenia (low lymphocytes), itching and rash from patch adhesive)
Advice & Tips: It's no problem for me, but my husband has so much to do that he forgets to thaw the medicine sometimes.
Side effects: lymphocytopenia (low lymphocytes), itching and rash from patch adhesive

Nov 20, 2010 (Started Oct 11, 2010)

None (for Participate in clinical trial)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (lymphocytopenia (low lymphocytes), itching and rash from patch adhesive)
Advice & Tips: I feel like I'm getting worse more quickly, but don't know whether it is the study drug or riluzole.

Oct 21, 2010 (Started Oct 11, 2010)

Can’t tell (for Participate in clinical trial)
Dosage: 4 g Daily
Advice & Tips: I was afraid that the procedures for administering the drug would be difficult, but it isn't too hard for my husband to do and it is easy to schedule early in the morning and then before bed. I feel good about participating in a trial.

Apr 29, 2011 (Started Oct 22, 2010)

Can’t tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: I take this treatment twice a day. People tell me that my ALS is moving slower.

Mar 4, 2011 (Started Oct 22, 2010)

Can’t tell (for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: I think this is a good study. We set a time each morning to take the medication, and it is no problem for us. I feel I swallow better when I am on the medication. Taking this medication is an adjustment to my life, but so is ALS and if this is going help me, I'll do it.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for ALS Phase 3 Study Ceftriaxone