120 patient evaluations for Prednisone

1,364 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jul 2, 2017 (Started Jun 28, 2007)

Moderate (for relapse MS (exacerbation))
  • Side effects
    Severe (digestive disturbances)
Side effects: digestive disturbances

Mar 5, 2017 (Started Jun 28, 2007)

Can’t tell (for relapse MS (exacerbation))
  • Side effects
    Severe (digestive disturbances)
Side effects: digestive disturbances

Feb 5, 2017 (Started Jun 28, 2007)

Major (for relapse MS (exacerbation))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (digestive disturbances)
Advice & Tips: I've totally discontinued using the oral prednisone taper following solu-medrol infusions. It's a drag for 3/4 days of feeling wiped out & some other unpleasant after effects. But over many yrs. I've found that enduring the let down & subsequent withdrawal from the high dose infusions has FOR ME been a much better path to follow. MY EXPERIENCE has been that the sooner I can rid myself of the 'roids, the sooner I begin to feel stronger physically, mentally, & emotionally. I can begin PT & working on my overall functionality much sooner absent my body having to fight with lingering steroid effects.
Side effects: digestive disturbances

Sep 7, 2012 (Started Jun 28, 2007)

Can’t tell (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (digestive disturbances)
Advice & Tips: I only take this med as an oral taper after receiving IV solu-medrol. I don't always ask for a taper following IV treatment.
Side effects: digestive disturbances

Feb 9, 2009 (Started Jun 28, 2007)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (digestive disturbances)
Advice & Tips: Use only what you need to bring you down from the massive steroid amount received from your infusion. I've found that the quicker I can rid myself of all of the steroids, including the oral taper, the quicker I am on to recovery from the exacerbation.
Side effects: digestive disturbances

Sep 7, 2008 (Started Jun 28, 2007)

Slight (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (digestive disturbances)
Advice & Tips: I feel that this medication is good to have available when tapering off of steroids following a regimen of IV solu-medrol. However I find personally that the sooner I can COMPLETELY rid myself of all steroids, the quicker I recover, & the better off I am overall. I like to have the oral Prednisone taper available following infusion as a "safety net" if I need it. Most often I use it for 2 to 3 days. Then I discontinue using it when I feel that my body's no longer craving the high dose of steroid that solu-medrol provides. I have no doubt that using an oral Prednisone taper is highly subjective & individually exclusive in terms of effectiveness to each patient.
Side effects: digestive disturbances

May 15, 2009 (Started May 08, 2009)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (makes me very edgy, roid rage effects (steroids), increased appetite, acne breakout, dry mouth, weight gain)
Advice & Tips: Stick with it it helps!
Side effects: increased appetite, roid rage effects (steroids), makes me very edgy, weight gain, dry mouth, acne breakout

Mar 5, 2009 (Started Feb 27, 2009)

Slight (for Other)
    Slight (for relapse MS (exacerbation))
  • Side effects
    Mild (increased appetite, weight gain)
Dosage: 10 mg All the time (24/7)
Advice & Tips: Normally when I get put on a prednisone taper- I feel like super woman- I have more energy than one person can contain (Last time I literally tore my closet down TWICE). This time I did not have that super burst of energy (I sure could have used it)- I was exactly the opposite, I was very lethargic and slept almost 2 full days only getting up to use the restroom and eat (thats the other down side to prednisone, you are hungrier than you have ever been in your entire life- or thats how I feel- I just cant get enough to eat)
Side effects: weight gain, increased appetite

Apr 8, 2008 (Started Jul 28, 2007)

Moderate (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (makes me very edgy)
Side effects: makes me very edgy

Nov 26, 2007 (Started Nov 01, 2006)

Moderate (for walking difficult without aid)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (facial swelling, weight gain)
Dosage: 2.5 mg Daily
Side effects: facial swelling, weight gain

Oct 4, 2008 (Started Sep 25, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (roid rage effects (steroids), facial swelling, headaches)
Side effects: facial swelling, roid rage effects (steroids), headaches

Sep 29, 2008 (Started Sep 25, 2008)

Moderate (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Mild (facial swelling)
Side effects: facial swelling, roid rage effects (steroids), headaches

Oct 22, 2008 (Started Aug 01, 2008)

• Side effects

Nov 16, 2008 (Started Oct 31, 2008)

Major (for optic nerve inflammation (optic neuritis))
  • Side effects
    Severe (elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), makes me very edgy, loss of sense of taste, dry mouth)
Advice & Tips: The treatment is working! Hang in there, my side effects have changed daily, but just keep to the course. The negatives have been outweighed by the energy I have been feeling. I have really actually enjoyed the insomnia because I have been able to clean and declutter my house like crazy - I cannot say enough about what a gift it has been to have these few weeks of increased energy. I had no idea what I was missing because I had been fatigued so long and thought I was just lazy.
Side effects: dry mouth, makes me very edgy, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), loss of sense of taste

Nov 1, 2008 (Started Oct 10, 2008)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (stomach (gastric) ulcer pain, roid rage effects (steroids), increased appetite, facial swelling, weight gain)
Advice & Tips: Prednisone is less problematic then solemedrol but not as effective and it causes a lot more stomach problems. (they need a better spell check in here, one with medications in it:)
Side effects: facial swelling, stomach (gastric) ulcer pain, weight gain, roid rage effects (steroids), increased appetite

Aug 31, 2008 (Started Aug 28, 2008)

None (for Other)
  • Side effects
    Severe (elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), makes me very edgy, increased appetite, dry mouth, weight gain)
Advice & Tips: all the above
Side effects: makes me very edgy, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), weight gain, dry mouth, increased appetite

Showing 10 of 120 patient evaluations for Prednisone