4 patient evaluations for Pilates

22 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Nov 19, 2012 (Started Nov 19, 2012)

Moderate (for Improve mobility)
    Moderate (for Improve flexibility/strength)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Muscle aches)
Dosage: 1 other Daily
Advice & Tips: Due to a great deal of illness EG: chest infections and also due to results of examinations done recently my Pilates have had to be put on hold until today now they are starting again but only gently at first taking into count the factors that I have COPD (accent on breathing with exercises here) and that my aneurysm is now growing again (not to put too much strain on the abdomen now). I can and have started my Pilates from today on a once daily basis sat in a comfortable position.

Aug 8, 2012 (Started Nov 19, 2012)

Major (for Improve mobility)
    Major (for Improve flexibility/strength)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Muscle aches)
Advice & Tips: If you have mental health problems as I do very often with sleeping problems doing a daily exercise scheedule that has been worked out by a physiotherapist who is conversant with not only your present needs but one who also has the foresight to see when and where other problems might occur. For example I have to use crutches on a daily basis this so my PT said might and could effect the muscle groups in my upper arms and shoulders so she gave me extra excercises to strengthen these muscle groups. The side effects I got from this type of treatment are expected and as I continually do them the aches and pains will wear off.

Jul 20, 2009 (Started Aug 01, 2007)

Moderate (for Improve flexibility/strength)
    Moderate (for Weight gain)
    Major (for Balance problems)
    Moderate (for Stress)
Dosage: 3 hr Weekly

Jun 14, 2009 (Started Jun 09, 2009)

Slight (for General health)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (Soreness, Fatigue, Pain)
Advice & Tips: I want to become a Healthy Person in a Healthy,non medicated way. I'm trying to do this exercise daily, some days I just can't.
Side effects: Soreness, Pain, Fatigue

May 8, 2009 (Started Jan 01, 2009)

Moderate (for General health)
    Major (for Improve mobility)
Dosage: 20 min Daily