15 patient evaluations for Psychiatrist with a cost of < $25

76 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Sep 10, 2016 (Started Jul 01, 2010)

Slight (for post-traumatic stress disorder)
    Slight (for bipolar II disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Irritability)
Dosage: Every 3 months
Advice & Tips: Keep on point that the med is supposed to help, but do not be upset if it does not work for you. Be willing to give it a fighting chance, not all meds work for everyone.

Feb 17, 2016 (Started Dec 18, 2015)

Can’t tell (for post-traumatic stress disorder)
Dosage: 60 min Monthly

Jan 27, 2016 (Started Nov 15, 2014)

Moderate (for social anxiety disorder)
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
    Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (Anger, Irritability, Anticipatory anxiety, Anxious mood)
Dosage: 45 min Yearly

Feb 13, 2014 (Started Dec 29, 2008)

Major (for Support mental / emotional health)
    Can’t tell (for bipolar II disorder)
Dosage: 15 min Monthly

Nov 7, 2009 (Started Dec 29, 2008)

Dosage: 30 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: I meet Dr. Saleem once a month and I always keep my appointments.

Aug 13, 2013 (Started Feb 15, 2010)

Can’t tell (for major depressive disorder)
Dosage: 30 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: It was worth the wait for the summary for the insurance company. Very encouraging, that the Pdoc report is showing I was heard. The sertraline was lowered again I am hoping that this will improve energy, dreams without increasing depression symptoms. I think my anxiety is the part of the cycle that leads to fatigue, depression and around again,

Aug 3, 2013 (Started Feb 15, 2010)

Can’t tell (for major depressive disorder)
Dosage: 30 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: Solution "get a job" and that is not as simple as it sounds. June 25, 2013 said she would do a summary of treatment that I could if I wished send as part of LTD appeal. Today is Aug 3rd and last week I left a message inquiring when I could pick up the report. Impact timeline for appeals. no money end of this month. Have applied for financial aid, as well as in program for helping people with mood disorders find work. does my Dr have responsibility to me to provide reports in a timely manner?

Sep 4, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2006)

Moderate (for Muscle and joint pain)
    Moderate (for Feelings of hopelessness)
    Moderate (for Not caring if I live or die)
    Major (for Diagnostic assessment)
    Moderate (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Moderate (for obsessive-compulsive disorder)
    Major (for Evaluation/monitoring)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (change in outlook, complains about how many doctors I see, post-traumatic stress disorder, major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder)
Advice & Tips: Some assistance with meds; I am very sensitive to medications and quite often suffer the more obscure side effects. I've been on so many different meds I can't remember them all. I was down to 4 meds and the doctor increased them to 5 today.

Jun 30, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2006)

Moderate (for Not caring if I live or die)
    Major (for Diagnostic assessment)
    Slight (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Slight (for obsessive-compulsive disorder)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I always have the same clinician, but also get to meet 3 (so far) psychiatrists.

Jan 1, 2012 (Started Jan 01, 2006)

Major (for obsessive-compulsive disorder)
    Major (for Not caring if I live or die)
    Major (for Muscle and joint pain)
    Major (for major depressive disorder)
    Major (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Major (for Feelings of hopelessness)
Dosage: Monthly

Jun 22, 2012 (Started Aug 20, 2006)

Major (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
    Major (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (PTSD triggers)
Dosage: 15 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: I like that my psychiatrist is acutely active and engaged in my treatment. She is able to provide (brief) psychotherapeutic insights into some of the crises that arise. She also approaches it from a more holistic POV, double checking medication interactions, how the fibro is affecting me, pain levels, etc. in regards to the depression and dysthymia

Oct 20, 2010 (Started May 13, 1993)

Slight (for Evaluation/monitoring)
Dosage: Monthly

Aug 30, 2010 (Started May 13, 1993)

Moderate (for Evaluation/monitoring)
Dosage: Monthly

Jun 15, 2010 (Started Nov 30, 2010)

Major (for Depression cured, stopped meds 2 mths ago)
    Moderate (for Depression with anxiety)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Between my physhciatist's encouragement an advice, I was able to discontinue the anti-depressent medication (Wellbutrin). I feel so much more like myself since stopping this med. Even though I only see him once every three months, the things he would recommend to me, such as think of only myself instead of my entire family like I have done for 31 years. When I am not up to going out, don't force myself to go. If my family (husband and 2 children) can't understand this, then they aren't helping me in any way. his is just some of the adivce he gave me which was causing my depression along with the fact that I can't do everything because of the fibro, but everything he has told me had cured my depression. Unfortunatey, it has made me so aware of everything being off the meds, I see myself heading toward a divorce. I was told by 3 of my physicians that my husband is causing my sympotms to be worse because of the stress he puts on me. They all feel my weakend body will get somewhat stronger if he was no longer around.

May 14, 2010 (Started May 16, 2010)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: This is the first psychiatrist worth his salt. He is an excellent listener and works hard and quickly to find new solutions that will work. Within one month of my seeing Dr. O'Neal I had much more energy and was generally less hopeless about life as a result. He saw me quite frequently in the first two months: perhaps once a week! Now it is more like 6-8 weeks unless I forget to make the appointment which is not a good thing to do I learned this winter. As soon as I realized I was decompensating, however, I called him and also four close female family members and one good female friend. Dr. O'Neal called me as soon as his nurse told him how I sounded and how I had responded to her list of questions about my daily life like: !) are you able to wash yourself regularly, 2) How is your sleep? 3) Are you taking all your medications? 4) Are you taking your medications at the time you are supposed to everyday 5) Are you feeling suicidal or had thoughts of suicide, etc. THis is a new practice they have adopted and I think it is a very smart one. This psychiatrist definitiely has had a huge impact on my daily life since I started seeing him last May.
Side effects: Lack of support, Anxious mood, risk of liver/kidney damage

Feb 19, 2010 (Started May 16, 2010)

None (for Support mental / emotional health)
  • Side effects
    Severe (risk of liver/kidney damage, Lack of support, Anxious mood)
Advice & Tips: I've been on klonopin a long time. I wanted to try and see if I can titrate off of it altogether and see what happens. I haven't been able to see a psychiatrist at Kaiser for a long time --- for various reasons. My old p-doc left over two years ago and since then I've had nothing but long waits for being assigned a new doc (months) and then they are awful and I ask for a new one and the whole thing starts over again. Dr. Corpuz was the last doc I had. There was one other before her that quit just a month after I complained to Kaiser that he was an idiot. Now I have been transferred to another p-doc at my request because Dr. Corpuz was such a cold, imperious, doctor that kept me waiting for 45 minutes on our last appointment. I was leaving and very upset and in tears when she finally came to get me. She had nothing to say. Just, "Well, are you coming or not." Below, I have ammortized what would probably be the amount I paid to kaiser if I saw my p-doc monthly. On average, when things were going well, I saw my p-doc every three or four months. Now, everything is a mess over there. I haven't seen anyone in six months and I left early because Dr. Corpuz was being to horrid and then she said she wouldn't be my doctor anymore. She would "handle my case" until I was re-assigned... I was not unhappy to be rid of her but the whole circumstances under which everything happened was a farce and unprofessional.
Side effects: Lack of support, Anxious mood, risk of liver/kidney damage

Feb 5, 2009 (Started May 16, 2010)

Moderate (for Support mental / emotional health)
  • Side effects
    Mild (risk of liver/kidney damage, Lack of support, Anxious mood)
Advice & Tips: It's hard to find a good psychiatrist. Medications will not cure you. Having to try one medication after another is common as well as trying combinations of meds. Also the efficacy of meds don't last forever. Long term use of some meds can have damaging side effects in your health.

Showing 10 of 15 patient evaluations for Psychiatrist