17 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1a IM Injection taken for the purpose of 'multiple sclerosis' with a side effects rating of None

104 members have decided to share their profiles only with other members of PatientsLikeMe.

Jun 8, 2010 (Started Oct 12, 2001)

Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: I picked the best day of the week for me so it was a weekly ritual . While on the Avenox I rarely had relapses and those that I did have were brought on by excessive heat and fatigue along with stress.I felt for me that once a week was enough for me to give myself the SHOT.

Aug 13, 2009 (Started Nov 13, 2009)

Can’t tell (for Was treated for all other things from 2001-2009, It was MS the whole time..)
    Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I just started my first Avonex shot and this Friday will be my second one. I was expecting flu-like symptoms and other side effects, but I had none. Infact, I"ve had more energy since Friday. My Daughter gave me the shot, I'm not ready to do it myself yet.

Apr 14, 2009 (Started Nov 27, 2007)

Slight (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: Weekly

Jan 17, 2009 (Started Jan 08, 2009)

Dosage: 30 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: slow progression of ms

Sep 17, 2008 (Started Mar 29, 1999)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: Weekly
Advice & Tips: First, it is a Once a WEEK treatment. After you get past the size of the needle needed for am IM injection, it is nice not to be tied down to every day or every other day. The flu like symptoms go away pretty quickly. After I was on it for several years, I talked my neighbor into going on it and she improved as well. I think this injection has done wonders for me and my neighbor!!!

Aug 23, 2007 (Started Oct 03, 2002)

Can’t tell (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 30 mcg Weekly

May 17, 2004 (Started May 17, 1999)

Dosage: 44 mcg/0.5 mL Weekly
Advice & Tips: I took this out of the convenience of being administered only once a week. I didn't think it was working well enough over the years. If I had stretched and had a proper weight machine + recumbent bike; my physical decline would not have led me to trade this for Copaxone, etc.

Showing 7 of 17 patient evaluations for Interferon beta-1a IM Injection