147 patient evaluations for Zolpidem

Mar 9, 2010 (Started Feb 22, 2010)

Moderate (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: My p-doc just thought I was on too many pills. Bye Bye Zolpidem. I wasn't really using it anyway.

Feb 24, 2010 (Started Feb 22, 2010)

Slight (for sleep problems)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: For me, it helps me to fall asleep, I THINK. I don't stay asleep, but I'm not on the controlled release version of this, just regular Ambien. I don't like taking it every night, but I was in denial of how poor my sleeping habits were, they are awful and that can't be good for my mood problems. If I get 6 hours of sleep a night I am INCREDIBLY lucky. 5 is normal, I think. I'm not sure how much time I spend sleeping or tossing and turning though. I know I'm in bed for five hours at least. It helps a lot of people, but not me so much. Eh.

Mar 18, 2010 (Started Oct 09, 2009)

Major (for inability to sleep)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Although this medicine works good for sleep if I happen to wake after taking it I do and say things that I do not remember in the A.M. It can be very scary to have others tell you things that you don't remember at all. DO NOT drive after taking this medication.

May 22, 2010 (Started May 09, 2010)

Slight (for insomnia)
    Moderate (for restless feeling in legs)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: 10mgs at night, worked exceptionally well, ..... however, once I increased my dosage of Parnate, 15-20mgs is necessary to make me fall asleep, and I wake up 3-4 hours after dosing, and must re-dose in order to go back to sleep. Obviously, Ambien has positive effects besides its Anti-Insomnia properties, these include (for me) - reduction of Anxiety/Depression/OCD/Fibromyalgia/RLS symptoms. I have found Ambien to also be useful for Random unexpected bouts of Akathisia, but positive effects only last 4 hours at most, which limits its usefulness for long periods of time. For Me, Tolerance to the sedative/hypnotic effects of Ambien/Zolpidem occur rapidly with Daily use, (tolerance does not seem to occur for any of the other beneficial effects) --- thus, I occasionally take short breaks from use.

Showing 3 of 147 patient evaluations for Zolpidem