2 patient evaluations for Volunteering

Aug 2, 2009 (Started Jul 01, 2005)

Major (for I feel better about myself because just like if I ever needed help I know that I'm giving back something to the community but I do it for myself. Plus the adrenaline rush)
  • Side effects
    Mild (burn, tunnel vision, nervousness, fight to flight syndrome)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Very intense, gut renching job and can take me to the extremes especially when that MayDay horn is blown and you might have minutes or only just seconds to bailout or evacuate the building. Sometimes you question one's authority and wonder if you're going to make it out alive or not and also seeing the victims is hard on me dead or alive and worst of all especially if you know the person[s].
Side effects: burn, nervousness, fight to flight syndrome, tunnel vision

May 31, 2019 (Started Oct 15, 2018)

Moderate (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
    Slight (for fibromyalgia)
    Major (for complex post-traumatic stress disorder)
    Can't tell (for autism spectrum disorder)
  • Side effects
Dosage: 3 hr Weekly
Advice & Tips: It makes me feel loved and true to my purpose in life. I am currently with autistic children and teenagers and they love me because they see me as a role model. Like, there are many psychologists and teachers there to help them but none of them is autistic, so having an autistic adult to strengthen the bond between the two parts is so beautiful, and I have been lucky enough to be that person. It is especially useful to "repair" my traumas, because most of them are related to not being understood when I was little, and I feel like I am helping others get what I did not get.

Showing 2 of 2 patient evaluations for Volunteering