117 patient evaluations for Venlafaxine

Mar 21, 2017 (Started Sep 14, 2005)

Moderate (for generalized anxiety disorder)
    Major (for major depressive disorder)
    Major (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
  • Side effects
    Moderate (for Overall) (vivid nightmares)
Advice & Tips: This was my 3rd try for a depression med. I have now been on in a majority of 18 years. It just works for me when I take it correctly. Don't suddenly stop, you must taper. It is really uncomfortable if you stop suddenly.

Apr 16, 2009 (Started Jan 15, 2007)

Moderate (for depressed mood)
    Major (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (for Overall)
Advice & Tips: avoid getting on this treatment , even though it is efective somewhat in helping my depression ( and I have tried many type's of meds for over 20 years ) and at this time after changing from Lexapro to Effexor ( since Lexapro stopped helping ) Effexor seemed to be much more effective until I forgot once to take my daily dose for several days ....I started to experience the brain flops and did not know why ...well after doing some research I found out why! Now I " never leave home without it"

Nov 19, 2010 (Started May 01, 2005)

Slight (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: 37.5 mg Daily
Advice & Tips: This medication was slightly helpful when added to the Trileptal that I had already been taking for a few months. I am on the lowest possible dose now and could probably stop taking it (it's been 4 years) but I'm reluctant to do so because of the very unpleasant withdrawal symptoms I experience (severe parathesia which feel like electric shocks, eventually causing muscle cramps). I'm also a bit scared that my mood would go back to the way it was 4 years ago. It's almost certainly the Trileptal that's fixed my problems, but since the Effexor is relatively inexpensive I've adopted an 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' attitude towards the situation. If that changes in the future I'll update.

Feb 2, 2010 (Started May 01, 2005)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    None (for Overall)
Dosage: 37.5 mg Daily