118 patient evaluations for Topiramate

Apr 8, 2009 (Started Mar 04, 2009)

None (for fibromyalgia)
    None (for nerve pain (neuralgia))
    Slight (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, tremor in hands, feet tingling, hands tingling, sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: I will ask to quit this because for me it hasn't prevented the migraines enough....ended up at doctor's office yesterday for a shot for one.....and the side effects lost me a month of activity.
Side effects: feet tingling, hands tingling, tremor in hands, nausea, brain fog, sleepiness

Mar 1, 2010 (Started Jul 30, 2009)

None (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Made me very tired and gave me diarrhea.

Oct 27, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (weight loss, blurry vision, hearing problems, unexplained itching)
Advice & Tips: Hearing loss is becoming more obvious, vision problems are rapidly becoming a problem also. itching of my larger skin areas is an unusual and new problem that could maybe be due to Topamax or the antidepressant Prozac, unsure about this. I have had terrible crying jags and depression over inappropriate issues in the last year or so that was assumed to be due to my aging process, but was recently debunked by a hormonal test. I therefore believe that the Topamax is a more likely suspect.
Side effects: weight loss, blurry vision, hearing problems, unexplained itching, unexplained itching

Feb 15, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Major (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (weight loss, blurry vision, hearing problems)
Advice & Tips: The side effects of Topamax are really tough, but not as tough as others, and certainly not as tough as beating the heck out of yourself and frying your brain during a seizure. I never miss a dose, if I do, I could really end up hurting myself. I take it as exactly to the minute as I can, I do the same with all my meds, and for the last several years since I have been doing this, my seizures have been much less invasive into my life. I also NEVER NEVER take generic epilepsy medication. It must be brand always! Generic is NOT the same, no matter who insists that it is. I can take generic on other medication, but generic Topamax allowed me to have 3 months of severe cluster seizures last year.

Showing 3 of 118 patient evaluations for Topiramate