4 patient evaluations for Service Dog

Apr 21, 2010 (Started Jan 04, 2010)

Dosage: Daily

Mar 9, 2010 (Started Jan 04, 2010)

Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: The overall reaction of people and business people is wonderful. Having a service dog takes the focus off of you and your mobility issues and put´s the attention on your partner.

Feb 27, 2010 (Started Jan 04, 2010)

Moderate (for balance problems)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: What a blessing and gift she is a wonderful partner and she loves to be noticed by others for the job she is doing.

Feb 4, 2010 (Started Jan 04, 2010)

Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: What a blessing Molly helps : 1) to keep me safe from falling out of a chair while sitting. 2) won´t let me into a store that I can´t pass through safely must have 3 feet of space to enter. 3) she senses if there is a problem with me before I know there is an issue, such as spasm attacks before I know there coming on. 4) She guides on my right side and stands in front of me length wise if I´n talking to someone to prevent me from falling forward. 5) Keeps me away from rails ,barriers and obstacles 6) Stairs and curbs we do this one step at a time she is aware and attentive while we are going up or down. 7) I have a hard time getting out of chairs and she can help pull me up 8) Currently learning how to push the the handicapped accessible door openers . 9) Grocery stores when a cart is close by she will sit until clear 10) When crossing in front of cars she will not let me do this until all traffic is clear 11) she knows her turns right, left, forward, and reverse and stops and sits at stop signs 12) I can list more just ask and I can help you with whatever your question is. She is an AWESOME gift to help with mobility

Jan 4, 2010 (Started Jan 04, 2010)

Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Molly, is awesome what a blessing, she supports my balance, leans into my legs when I ´m standing or will push me to walk straight, She watches to make sure that I have enough room to enter a store and that I don´t put myself in a dangerous situation while walking. She turns when asked to turn right, left, forward, or reverse, and stops at stop signs. She can carry small items in her back packs because I have a tendency to drop things. The best part is that I don´t look drunk while walking and she is a true success we are a team and I am so thankful for her she is an wonderful gift.

Sep 1, 2011 (Started Aug 13, 2010)

Moderate (for Support social interaction)
    Major (for Personal enjoyment / entertainment)
    Major (for Support quality of life)
    Moderate (for Improve communication)
Dosage: Every Other Week
Advice & Tips: We originally got our dog to train him to be a therapy dog. While he did go through some canine good citizen classes, we have essentially discontinued his training. We were dealing with a lot of stress, and we weren't able to keep up with the training necessary to earn public access or anything like that. The good news is that the dog has very much become a member of the family and plays with my son all the time. They are good buddies. I'm not considering him a "Service Dog" on the profile anymore. But he's still our dog and a great friend for my son.

Mar 11, 2013 (Started Jun 22, 2012)

Slight (for seizure worry)
    Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: His name is Patriot and he is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Got him when he was 8 weeks old to start the bonding process. He has helped me ID 1 seizure and has gone for help twice. His initial response when I have a seizure is play but once he realizes what's going on he stays by me and helps me wake up. I test him monthly by having a mock seizure. What I do is fall on the floor and start shaking, pretend like I'm having a seizure, and watch him respond. What he does is bite my fingers and ankles, as if I were playing, to see if I respond which I don't then he lays on my hand and when I pretend to wake up he licks my face. I paid the breeder $500 for him and he is personally trained but still young enough to receive additional professional training. He's been to the zoo, 4 star restaurants, multiple fast-food joints, and church. He does well but he has more to learn.

Showing 3 of 4 patient evaluations for Service Dog