9 patient evaluations for Radiation Therapy

Jun 9, 2011 (Started May 09, 2011)

Major (for breast cancer)
Dosage: Weekly

Jan 15, 2016 (Started Dec 29, 2015)

None (for rectal cancer)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (radiation burn)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: Think carefully before undertaking. It is not always beneficial and the stress of treatment can be detrimental to your health. On the other hand, if it works, we need to protect against radiation side effects - burning, memory loss, fatigue, etc.

Mar 15, 2005 (Started Feb 01, 2005)

Can't tell (for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (burning sensation, skin discoloration)
Dosage: Daily
Advice & Tips: I was not told I may need to have radiation before my surgery. After my surgery they said they couldn't get all the margins without cutting into muscle, so I had to have radiation. I got radiation every week day for six weeks. They say the radiation is local to my arm (where the dermatofibrosarcoma was removed) and they point a device at it. Then they walk out of the room and close an electronic steel door that was about 6 inches to 1 foot thick. The treatment only lasts a few moments. At the end of treatment, and after the treatment my skin would really burn. They gave me cream but it didn't help much. Instead I strapped an Aloe plant to my arm until I felt it burning again. This worked very well. I highly recommend Aloe.

Showing 3 of 9 patient evaluations for Radiation Therapy