15 patient evaluations for Psychotherapy

Jun 5, 2012 (Started May 14, 2012)

None (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (anticipatory anxiety)
Dosage: 60 min Weekly

Apr 15, 2011 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

Moderate (for pain)
    Slight (for mood)
Dosage: 100 min Monthly

Mar 9, 2011 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

None (for mood)
    Slight (for pain)
Dosage: 100 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: Although I learned many things from my therapist, I didnt care for her intern and I wasnt able to establish a good relationship in my therapy, This is by no means their fault, Im not in the right place in my life for the type of behavioral therapy they offered. After my GB surgery I may continue therapy, just with Amber and not her interns.

Nov 22, 2010 (Started Oct 26, 2010)

Major (for Support mental / emotional health)
    Major (for pain)
    Major (for mood)
Dosage: 100 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: My new therapist is definately on the right track, I really appreciated the fact she did a complete intake and explained my treatment plan in detail. I enjoyed my first visit and found her very helpful. I feel we have a good rapport and I am also looking forward to further visits and homework. I am hoping to learn new techniques in controlling my anixety and coping skills for dealing with my pain and depression. UPDATE, therapy seems to be effective and is helping me handle my flare ups and pain better. Working on behavioural therapy exercises, such as mindfulness and homework.

May 22, 2010 (Started May 10, 2010)

Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I consistently attended Psychotherapy sessions, for periods of usually multiple months at a time, then I would quit, then start again a couple months later. This has been the norm for about the last 4 years, with approximately 30-40% of that period being occupied by Weekly or Bi-weekly Psychotherapy sessions. I do not feel any benefit currently from Psychotherapy, I have noticed transient, minor benefits in the past, however. I should note, that I never strictly complied with my various Therapist(s) requests/suggestions, which may have reduced the potential benefits of Therapy.

Showing 3 of 15 patient evaluations for Psychotherapy