15 patient evaluations for Psychotherapy

Oct 15, 2014 (Started Mar 15, 2012)

Major (for major depressive disorder)
    Moderate (for anxiety attacks)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (exhausting dreams, horrifying nightmares keeping me up)
Dosage: 60 min Monthly
Advice & Tips: Some how I froze my iPad and lost my text. So I very glad to announce the end of therapy where I was part of the process. Past endings were one sided either program constraints or bad therapy experience. I am sad but the last few months were mostly around being a working example of a good ending. Along with reinforcing my skills on managing my depression and anxiety. So I am ready and will continue therapy in my new town. I'm glad I could stay in therapy with this psychologist for as long as I did, travel, cost, ( I am still not over not being able to pay) and the need to experience a good ending, with an authority figure, a person that is male, and someone I admire for being so consistent in creating a safe place for me, so I could take what I learned and be in the world. this time makes this ending a good sad.

Aug 3, 2013 (Started Mar 15, 2012)

Major (for anxiety attacks)
  • Side effects
    Mild (exhausting dreams, horrifying nightmares keeping me up)
Dosage: 60 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: I came prepared to make the July 8th my last paid appointment due to financial reasons. (I did think I would have time to give more notice). With discussion my T offered me 'no charge' for a reasonable amount of time to get my finances in order or time to transition to another therapist in the community where payment is based on income.($10 per session and up) This was completely unexpected and the impact profound at first I refused (shame of poor financial management) (pride of independence ???) with more discussion I was educated as to why therapy from a treatment perspective that ends suddenly would not be in my best interest.

May 18, 2013 (Started Mar 15, 2012)

Slight (for anxiety attacks)
    Slight (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (exhausting dreams, horrifying nightmares keeping me up)
Dosage: 60 min Weekly

Apr 2, 2013 (Started Mar 15, 2012)

Major (for anxiety attacks)
    Moderate (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Mild (exhausting dreams, horrifying nightmares keeping me up)
Dosage: 60 min Weekly

Mar 23, 2013 (Started Mar 15, 2012)

Major (for major depressive disorder)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (exhausting dreams, horrifying nightmares keeping me up)
Dosage: 90 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: learning to trust a male mindfulness for managing depression setbacks

Mar 1, 2013 (Started Sep 01, 2000)

Major (for social anxiety disorder)
    Major (for major depressive disorder)
    Major (for persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia))
    Major (for excessive crying)
  • Side effects
    Mild (headaches, Feeling vulnerable, vomiting white foam after sessions, Feeling tired and needing to rest, Gradual progress through hard work, vomiting, mental fatigue or exhaustion)
Dosage: 100 min Weekly
Advice & Tips: Therapy works if you realize that it's worth feeling scared, vulnerable, confused, and mystified if all this is going to work or how versus being alone with your depression or chronic anxiety or feelings of having no one to talk to that will really listen and work with you and is there just for you. It's such a hard process but such a privilege when you find that person you just feel will be the one to go through the bowels of hell with you and not give up on you or the work. It's hard work for both the therapist and the person needing therapy. Never forget that. Always ask burning questions. Don't let problems or questions simmer on the back burner. Be bold. Even if you are awkward, can't stop crying, feel really low and stupid. Make that space your safe place to go and heal. It works. It really does.

Jul 15, 2012 (Started Jul 16, 2010)

None (for Increase effect of another treatment)
    Moderate (for depression with anxiety)
    Moderate (for Support mental / emotional health)

Showing 3 of 15 patient evaluations for Psychotherapy