115 patient evaluations for Prednisone

Dec 5, 1999 (Started Feb 05, 1997)

Can't tell (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I used predisone b/c I was positive for anti heart block. I used it for my last 2 pregnancies. My children were both born healthy. It deteriorated my bone density but was worth it.

May 10, 1994 (Started Apr 19, 1993)

Moderate (for nephrotic syndrome)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (irregular menstrual periods, bald patch (alopecia))
Advice & Tips: I believe it is taking the Prednisone from age 3 years 'til I was in 7th grade, that has caused my patch of baldness with my hair. I also believe it is why I have hair growing on my upper lip and chin.
Side effects: hair on upper lip and chin, bald patch (alopecia), irregular menstrual periods

May 7, 1990 (Started Apr 11, 1990)

Major (for transplant rejection prevention)
    Moderate (for adrenal insufficiency)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (moon face)
Dosage: 5 mg Every other day
Advice & Tips: I did not realize I would get that much of a different appearance. I was devistated at the age of 16 to go from underweight to the fat kid everyone made fun of. Even my first boyfriend ever left me and my brothers told me it was because of my weight. After that I had not taken it as much as I should have because I become depressed and felt at that time I would rather be skinny and on dialysis and loved than transplanted and fat and lonely. Years later (the 2nd time around) I know that looks are not everything. My weight is still bothersome for me but this time around spending a longer length of time on dialysis I am more grateful for this gift of life and take it. I noticed however that supposedly I don't have my original adrenal glands (original kidneys removed) yet those times without taking Prednisone I did not notice any difference other than lost the moon face and lost my kidney).
Side effects: moon face, weight gain

Showing 3 of 115 patient evaluations for Prednisone