47 patient evaluations for Physical Exercise

Sep 5, 2008 (Started Sep 01, 1986)

Major (for General health)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Because of repeated used of "progressive", the assumption is made that physical exercise will not be conducive to improvements. I have "drawn a line in the sand" and found that I can retain a level of mobility regardless of the difficulties encountered - once I made the comittment to also change my nutritional/medical regimen. There is a direct corrolation between healthy energy input and movement/mental output.

Apr 13, 2011 (Started Feb 16, 2011)

Slight (for diabetes type 2)
Dosage: 1 hr Daily

Apr 20, 2011 (Started May 01, 1996)

Major (for diabetes type 2)
Dosage: 20 min Daily
Advice & Tips: I work in the compute industry - lots of sitting in front of a machine. When first diagnosed (1996) I did a lot of walking, jogging, in-line skating, skiing, swimming, etc. and, along with diet and metformin, managed to lose 40 lbs in about 6 months. I moved on to some form of exercise daily - including a weight machine for rainy days plus hard skiing in Winter and hard bicycle riding in summer. In the past 4 years I've cut back to doing about 2 miles every day or two of walking briskly (try to keep up with me, I dare you!) or riding bicycle (top gear 90% of the time on a trail bike but mostly on the road) If I miss more than a couple of days, my energy level goes down and I have to push myself to go out and exercise - then feel MUCH better. Biggest expense was the bike - about $800 back in 1996 and still have it. Next is shoes - worn quite a few pairs out. I'm not counting skiing - that was expensive but worth it. Might go back and do some more but can't afford it currently. Walking is cheap. Don't use the weight machine much (couple of times a year - mostly when it rains for long periods) and will be getting rid of it when we move out of this big house (soon) Climate in Vancouver area lends itself to lots of outdoor exercise most of the year - a blessing.

Showing 3 of 47 patient evaluations for Physical Exercise