22 patient evaluations for Olanzapine

Aug 7, 2019 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

Can't tell (for schizophrenia)
    Can't tell (for schizoaffective disorder)
    Can't tell (for psychosis disorder)
    Can't tell (for paranoid schizophrenia)
    Can't tell (for auditory hallucinations)
  • Side effects

May 1, 2017 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

Major (for auditory hallucinations)
    Major (for schizophrenia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (restless feeling in legs, stiffness in legs, decreased sex drive (libido), restlessness (akathisia))
Advice & Tips: I have been on Zyprexa for over four years and I no longer feel like; others could hear my thoughts (broadcasting), that I could hear other people thoughts (mind reading), that I could communicate by thought with others without speaking a word (telepathic communication), not only could I communicate with other people in this way but I could communicate with other things as if they had human like qualities (anthropomorphic telepathic communication), believing that I am super important to the world (grandiose thinking), that others were out to kill me (paranoia), and being very delusional. But, before Zyprexa I did believe in these things (powers) were true for me, but now I do not. Also, for over 35 years (1977 - 2013) I believed that God would talk to me personally and would give me personal instructions, but now, after starting Zyprexa on Dec 13, 2012, I no longer believe this is/was probably ever true. Zyprexa, work better with less side effects., than those in 1977 when I started taking antipsychotic medications. I may have gotten the side effect of an internal restlessness that makes you want to move, akathista, from those earlier antipsychotic medications and not from Zyprexa.

Dec 16, 2016 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

Major (for auditory hallucinations)
    Major (for schizophrenia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (restless feeling in legs, stiffness in legs, decreased sex drive (libido), restlessness (akathisia))
Advice & Tips: I have been on Zyprexa for about four years and I no longer feel like; others could hear my thoughts (broadcasting), that I could hear other people thoughts (mind reading), that I could communicate by thought with others without speaking a word (telepathic communication), not only could I communicate with other people in this way but I could communicate with other things as if they had human like qualities (anthropomorphic telepathic communication), believing that I am super important to the world (grandiose thinking), that others were out to kill me (paranoia), and being very delusional. But, before Zyprexa I did believe in these things (powers) were true for me, but now I do not. Also, for over 35 years (1977 - 2013) I believed that God would talk to me personally and would give me personal instructions, but now, after starting Zyprexa on Dec 13, 2012, I no longer believe this is/was probably ever true. Zyprexa, work better with less side effects., than those in 1977 when I started taking antipsychotic medications. I may have gotten the side effect of an internal restlessness that makes you want to move, akathista, from those earlier antipsychotic medications and not from Zyprexa.

Sep 25, 2015 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

• Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have been on Zyprexa for about two and half years and I no longer feel like; others could hear my thoughts (broadcasting), that I could hear other people thoughts (mind reading), that I could communicate by thought with others without speaking a word (telepathic communication), not only could I communicate with other people in this way but I could communicate with other things as if they had human like qualities (anthropomorphic telepathic communication), believing that I am super important to the world (grandiose thinking), that others were out to kill me (paranoia), and being very delusional. But, before Zyprexa I did believe in these things (powers) were true for me, but now I do not. Also, for over 35 years (1977 - 2013) I believed that God would talk to me personally and would give me personal instructions, but now, after starting Zyprexa on Dec 13, 2012, I no longer believe this is/was ever true. Zyprexa, work better with less side effects., than those in 1977 when I started taking antipsychotic medications. I may have gotten the side effect of an internal restlessness that makes you want to move, akathista, from those earlier antipsychotic medications and not from Zyprexa.

Feb 24, 2015 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

Major (for schizoaffective disorder)
  • Side effects
    Severe (restless feeling in legs, stiffness in legs, decreased sex drive (libido), restlessness (akathisia))
Advice & Tips: I did not believe this medication would change anything for me, but it did. It works even though I did not believe it would. I use to feel my psychotic symptoms were truly real, but after being on Zyprexa for awhile, I now believe they are not and never were truly real. The side effect of internal restlessness (akathisia) is bad.

Jun 12, 2014 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

• Side effects

Apr 13, 2014 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

• Side effects

Mar 17, 2014 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

• Side effects

Feb 25, 2014 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

• Side effects

Apr 29, 2013 (Started Dec 13, 2012)

• Side effects

Oct 14, 2008 (Started Oct 14, 2008)

Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight loss, sedation)
Advice & Tips: The anti-obsessional aspect of Zyprexa is helping to restrict my food intake. I had been scared to try it because it seems people like to declare it a prescription for ridiculous hunger. Due to my history of severe anorexia nervosa, my psychiatrist swore that I would not allow myself to gain weight on Zyprexa. His worst fear has happened-- without obsessions, I have used it to lose more weight. (As an anorexic, I love the feeling of hunger.) Zyprexa isn't a pill to automatically disdain if you have an eating disorder. Though my psychiatrist will probably yank the prescription soon, so far I like it. It has improved my moods, helped regulate sleeping patterns, and... it's wrong, but, i can calmly hold on to the feeling of hunger for an extended periods of time.
Side effects: sedation, weight loss

Jul 3, 2009 (Started Jul 03, 2009)

Moderate (for bipolar disorder)
    Moderate (for anxious mood)
  • Side effects
    Mild (weight gain, sedation)
Advice & Tips: Be more conceinsciouse about what i eat, drink a lot of water, be patient.
Side effects: sedation, weight gain

Showing 3 of 22 patient evaluations for Olanzapine