111 patient evaluations for Methylprednisolone

Feb 17, 2008 (Started Aug 13, 2007)

Major (for balance problems)
  • Side effects
    Severe (insomnia, anxious mood, heartburn, thrush, restlessness (akathisia), heart rate low (bradycardia), low potassium (hypokalemia), increased appetite, elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia))
Side effects: elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia), low potassium (hypokalemia), restlessness (akathisia), thrush, heart rate low (bradycardia), increased appetite, heartburn, insomnia, anxious mood

Jul 18, 2007 (Started Jul 18, 2001)

Major (for multiple sclerosis)
Dosage: 1 g Monthly
Advice & Tips: When I was first diagnosed with MS in July 2001, I was in the hospital and was given heavy doses of solumedrol since I was in such bad shape. I took solumedrol drips monthly from August 2001-July 2007. My new neurologist (2007) suggested long term use is doing more harm than good, so he took me off it. When I took the monthly solumedrol, it would be a one-hour administration in a hospital and from 2005-2007, a nurse would come to my house to give it to me. This medicine would keep me awake for 24 hours. Two days later, I would feel an awful 'crash' for a day, but then I would stabilize. I would start feeling when it was time for me to get the next monthly dose, feeling a similar 'crash'. I received a nasty metallic taste in my mouth from the second half-hour of the treatment until about six hours later. I always needed to have a peppermint handy during my infusion.
Side effects: metallic taste in mouth

Jun 28, 2007 (Started Feb 10, 2006)

Can't tell (for General health)
    Moderate (for walking difficult without aid)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (withdrawal effects, insomnia, anxious mood, racing heart feeling, restlessness (akathisia))
Dosage: 1 g Daily
Advice & Tips: get a prednisone chaser
Side effects: restlessness (akathisia), withdrawal effects, racing heart feeling, insomnia, anxious mood

Showing 3 of 111 patient evaluations for Methylprednisolone