22 patient evaluations for Medical marijuana

May 26, 2015 (Started Nov 01, 2010)

Moderate (for disordered muscle tension (dystonia))
    Moderate (for Prevent migraine)
  • Side effects
    Mild (dizziness with nausea)
Advice & Tips: First of all, I live in Colorado so having marijuana is legal and easy. For the researchers looking at our questionaires, this affects my answers. I no longer have my medical marijuana card because I prefer the recreational variety - it's not as strong. My doctors know I use it and are supportive, mildly amused, and very curious. I don't use much. $15 worth of marijuana lasts me a whole year. Kind of like making a six pack of 3.2 beer last a year. This is because I have learned when it is beneficial and when it is not. As I have never smoked anything - ever - I use the edibles. Be very, very careful. It is easy to get too much. I ask for the mildest possible form. I had paranoia from marijuana once. I do not ever want to repeat it. It helps me a lot when I have a day of running errands, working hard, and consuming too much caffeine in order to get my work done. When I get jittery from too much caffeine and too much activity. If I do nothing at this point, my dystonia will kick in and I will end up with a migraine. If I have one small edible - or more likely - half or 4th of an edible, depending on the type, this will calm my nervous system down and I can relax and not have dystonia and not have a migraine. I do not use it any other time because if I already have a headache, I will just get very very dizzy and sick to my stomach. Sometimes it can work for my stiff muscles if I combine it with Ibuprofen. This works much better than Ibuprofen alone. I would love to see studies done which would standardize the medication so we can really KNOW how much marijuana we are getting. It's kind of a crap shoot now when you're as sensitive to meds as I am. It's really worth studying.

Jul 1, 2014 (Started Nov 01, 2010)

Moderate (for disordered muscle tension (dystonia))
    Moderate (for Prevent migraine)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dizziness with nausea)
Dosage: 0.08 g Daily
Advice & Tips: Any of the above answers could be answered by... It depends. It depends on the product, the way I'm feeling at the time I take it, and ...well, who knows, planetary forces, the way the wind is blowing? I really wished I could get the nice mellow high like I hear about, but shoot. My body isn't cooperating.

Feb 20, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 1998)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
    Major (for stomach problems)
    Major (for unhealthy appetite)
Dosage: 2.5 g Daily
Advice & Tips: I tried Dronabinol and there is no comparison and the price is about the same. Herbal is the way to go. So unless something major changes yes I'll sit here doing my thing. Last thing the Judge said to me was "Mr. Strasser smoke in your house from now on." I do my best. This is not the right answer for everyone. Many people have a lot of good reasons to not use this drug. I am allergic to all the families of epilepsy medicines that are currently marketed so use what I am able to. More stress than any epileptic needs is the impact even in a legal state as I held my prescription for quite awhile and will have another soon. These pills didn't work at all. I don't know if they forgot the cannibidinol that treats seizures or what.

Apr 25, 2016 (Started Jun 15, 2014)

Major (for pain)
    Major (for Promote relaxation)
    Moderate (for difficulty staying asleep)
Dosage: 15 mg Weekly

May 7, 2015 (Started Jun 15, 2014)

Moderate (for pain)
    Moderate (for Promote relaxation)
    Moderate (for difficulty staying asleep)
Dosage: 15 mg Weekly
Advice & Tips: On a trip to Colorado last summer, right after back-to-back surgeries for a cataract and for a basal cell carcinoma on my nose, our hotel in Denver was located a few doors from a recreational marijuana shop. We tried some edibles (chocolate), and I noticed that the remaining pain from the BCC surgery, while not gone, was easier to ignore. I also noticed a relaxed feeling I hadn't enjoyed for years, since I currently avoid alcohol consumption due to liver side-effects of my fingolomid therapy for MS. I also perceived sensation in parts of my body that hadn't been sensitive for nearly twenty years, due to peripheral neuropathies from MS; whether just imaginary, or due to reduced distraction I don't know, but it was nice. When we returned to San Francisco the following week, I was evaluated for (and received_ a medical marijuana license, and have noticed continuation of the benefits.

Showing 3 of 22 patient evaluations for Medical marijuana