12 patient evaluations for Lacosamide

Mar 16, 2010 (Started Nov 13, 2009)

Major (for epilepsy)
Dosage: 200 mg/20 mL Daily
Advice & Tips: I was taking 3000 mg of Keppra per day when I began taking Vimpat and had to reduce the dosage 500 mg every 2 weeks. I feel like a new person. I was having 3-4 seizures per week; now I am only having 2 maybe 3 a month- I haven't driven since my first seizure in 2006 (I have absence seizures ) due to the number of seizures per day, but that is a small price to pay for actually having a life with so few seizures now. I still take 500 mg topamax also to help with seizure and migraine control but to not walk around in a "drug induced fog" is a blessing!

Nov 28, 2009 (Started Apr 22, 2009)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (double vision (diplopia))
Dosage: 200 mg/20 mL Daily
Advice & Tips: I changed from 100mg in the morning to 50mg in the morning the 50mg in the afternoon (still taking 100mg at night). I told my Dr & he said if it works then keep doing so.
Side effects: double vision (diplopia)

Jul 8, 2010 (Started Nov 28, 2009)

Can't tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Severe (night or sleep terrors)
Advice & Tips: This is a controlled substance and many places need at least a week notice in refilling this. To get a new prescription from dr. to pharmacy was a pain in the but too. It had to be mailed and not faxed which took longer & this is a newer medication &not many places in our area have heard of this medication and have had to look it up to see what it is.
Side effects: night or sleep terrors

Feb 15, 2010 (Started Nov 28, 2009)

Can't tell (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (night or sleep terrors)
Advice & Tips: This is a very new medication just put out. My doctor I just got had to look it up because she had never heard of it before and neither did the hospital she works for and the one I went to in December. I have had alot of side effects on this in which my old neurologist would not take me off of previous meds. due to side effects and he would do the same to this medication and this was causing more severe reactions. Currently i am trying to get off of this medication to a more safer one.
Side effects: night or sleep terrors