7 patient evaluations for Ketorolac

Jun 13, 2010 (Started Jan 01, 2004)

Slight (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I have been using Toradol injections for many years for migraine headaches It is only lately that I have been getting chronic migraines. that is a migraine almost daily for over 2 months. In the past,, I had found that I needed to allow this injection of Toradol to work at its best, is to team it with a Phenergan suppository for the nausea and also an Ativan for sedation. I no longer have access to Phenergan or Ativan. It has become more difficult to find effectiveness in this means of treatment for migraines. It also has become troubling to make sure I am able to get the needle syringes, the alcohol pad and the ability to relax totally in a quiet dark environment after the injection. I am a mom of a 12 yo son and need to be present much more than in the past. I have recently separated from my husband.

Nov 2, 2009 (Started May 06, 2009)

Slight (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, dizziness, upset stomach)
Advice & Tips: The shot hurts like hell, think a MMR mixed with a tetanus shot. It makes me spacey and dizzy, but usually breaks an attack for me. This time it didn't, it just made me dizzy and ill, and it just took the edge off. Worth a try if you hadn't tried it before though, have to go to the Dr. to get it, but it used to work for me to break a flare.
Side effects: upset stomach, dizziness, nausea

Oct 14, 2009 (Started Nov 01, 2008)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea, dizziness, heavy sensation in head)
Advice & Tips: It works when I have a bad flare and can't break it. I usually wait for like 3 weeks before i finally break down and go to the docctor to get a shot. I hate having to do that because it puts me out of commission for at least a day, if not two, and it wears off after it gets through your system. It does seem to reset a flare back down to a less horrible level though. Its a band aid, certainly not management.
Side effects: heavy sensation in head, nausea, dizziness, dizziness

Showing 3 of 7 patient evaluations for Ketorolac