40 patient evaluations for Hydroxychloroquine

Jul 7, 2012 (Started May 01, 2009)

Moderate (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Mild (diarrhea, skin rash)
Advice & Tips: After a few months of break from this drug, my new rheumatologist wants me back on it. So far, no side effects like last time.

Apr 19, 2012 (Started May 01, 2009)

Can't tell (for systemic lupus erythematosus)
  • Side effects
    Mild (diarrhea, skin rash)
Advice & Tips: I started taking hydroxychloroquine as soon as I was diagnosed with lupus. I had a lesion on my nose (a white bump) that disappeared after a month of taking the drug (the bump had been there for over a year). I had hives when I started the drug (dosage 200mg) and my doctor told me to take the drug every other day until my body got used to it. Once the hives ended, I started taking it everyday, and after a year, my dosage was increased to 400 mg. At the highest, I took 600mg, but only for 6 months, and the dosage was decreased again to 400 mg, which I took for 3 years. I just stopped the drug 2 weeks ago on my own, cold-turkey, and have had no adverse reactions. If anything, I feel and look healthier than I have in years.

Jun 24, 2012 (Started Jan 15, 2011)

Major (for mixed connective tissue disease)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (flatulence, abdominal pain, diarrhea)
Advice & Tips: The best is to take this medication at night so that you sleep through any side effects, I also find drinking milk really really helps reduce side effects. Do not eat brussel sprouts with this medication unless you want your partner to kick you out of bed (toot-toot)

Jul 17, 2018 (Started Nov 08, 2011)

Major (for rheumatoid arthritis)

Showing 3 of 40 patient evaluations for Hydroxychloroquine