15 patient evaluations for Hydromorphone

May 27, 2009 (Started Jul 12, 2007)

Moderate (for pain)
  • Side effects

Jul 30, 2009 (Started Oct 03, 2008)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (nausea)
Advice & Tips: If you exprience nausea with this medication ask your doctor for a prescrition of Zofran. i also keep fire jolly ranchers in the house which help with the nausea.
Side effects: nausea

Sep 9, 2007 (Started Sep 09, 2007)

Major (for pain)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I was having intense, red-hot stabbing nerve pain in my neck/shoulder/face. My doc refered me to pain specialists who refered me on and on and on. You know what I mean. I had tried many meds and "med-cocktails." Those with dilauded (hydromorphone) kick were working the best for me, but I was still in agony two or three times a day. In dsperation I one day pleaded with the specialist of the month "What are we going to do Doc?" Hoping he was going to hook me up with a morpine drip, surgery or something very heavy duty. I'll never forget this but, he looked down at the floor for a long, long time. After this long contemplation he looked up with a smiile and said, "Some people have had relief with Lidacaine patches. Want to try them?" Well da-aaah sure!" I was desperate and willing to try anythng. That evening when the torture chamber showed up, on went the patch and down went some dilauded. The pain was GONE in 10 minutes. No kidding. It became the solution for me. The torture chamber events are very less frequent now, but whenever I get that twinge in my neck I go for a patch and the event never happens. What a life saver.

Showing 3 of 15 patient evaluations for Hydromorphone