256 patient evaluations for Gabapentin

Mar 23, 2010 (Started Dec 09, 2009)

Slight (for muscle pain)
    Slight (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (memory problems, double vision (diplopia), sleepiness, extreme sedation, tired when first up in morning)
Advice & Tips: this medication did not help me that much. I still experience moderate to severe pain in my lower back, neck, hips, hands, arms, calf, thighs, fingers, shoulders, etc.
Side effects: double vision (diplopia), tired when first up in morning, extreme sedation, memory problems, memory problems, sleepiness

Mar 16, 2010 (Started Dec 09, 2009)

Slight (for muscle pain)
    Slight (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects

Dec 19, 2009 (Started Dec 09, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
    Moderate (for muscle pain)
    Moderate (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: sleeping all the time after having insomnia for over two years. Not complaining yet, but I am always tired and sleeping. Not getting enough exercise, and eating more. Only medication that has worked, and really eliminate the severe pain in my back, neck, legs, and hips, arm, and hands. Medication is working on all my pain, and I love it.

Nov 21, 2009 (Started Dec 09, 2009)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
    Can't tell (for muscle pain)
    None (for pain in lower back)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (memory problems, sleepiness)
Advice & Tips: Just started this medication on 11/10/2009, 300 mg at bedtime. So far it does not seem to be reducing my pain level. Will be re-evaluated in December to determine how many mg I need to relieve this Fibro pain.

Feb 28, 2010 (Started May 15, 2009)

Moderate (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (panic attacks)
Advice & Tips: Gabapentin takes time to build up in the system, so relief is not immediate. At my current dose I cannot miss a single dose, if I do the relief is lost for 24+ hours. This product (along with it's sister, Lyrica) cause me nightmare/nightterrors that can leave me with a panic attack when I wake. The gabapentin does not leave me as depressed as the Lyrica did, so I am currently remain with it as my primary treatment.
Side effects: panic attacks

Aug 7, 2010 (Started Nov 05, 2009)

Can't tell (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (increased appetite, agitation with irritability, woozy, intoxicated feeling)
Advice & Tips: Made me gain weight. Even with diet and exercise. Not great for morale.
Side effects: increased appetite, woozy, intoxicated feeling, agitation with irritability

Nov 13, 2009 (Started Nov 05, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (increased appetite, woozy, intoxicated feeling)
Advice & Tips: Feeling like I am getting slightly better sleep and it relieves the pain somewhat, but wears off quite quickly. Still numb hands and feet, still quite dizzy, very tired, but waking up on my own now, so that is something. Stil nauseated, but have been for a month now so don't knwo if its the meds or not.

Nov 6, 2009 (Started Nov 05, 2009)

Slight (for fibromyalgia)
  • Side effects
    Mild (woozy, intoxicated feeling)
Advice & Tips: Feel like I slept for the first time in a long time. Woozy feeling, definitely would not drive on this med at this time. Kinda feel like I've had a couple of glasses of wine. Not putting a dent in the pain, but helping the fatigue a little.

Showing 3 of 256 patient evaluations for Gabapentin