29 patient evaluations for Eszopiclone

Mar 10, 2010 (Started Jan 31, 2010)

Moderate (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: You may have a really bad metalic taste in your mouth in the morning after taking a dose of this. I was unable to get ride of the aftertaste until the afternoon. This medicine was not effective in helping me fall asleep, but it was effective to keep me asleep for at least 7-8 hours nightly.

Apr 1, 2010 (Started Oct 31, 2009)

Major (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Based on my preliminary observations after discontinuing Lunesta, I believe, that it may have been increasing my Anxiety, Depression, and OCD symptoms, during the day. Since Lunesta is almost identical to Benzodiazepines (the non- prefix is a marketing gimmick), it can cause rebound effects, after the dose wears off. Lunesta has a half life between 5-10 hours, which means 1 dose at night, will remain in the body/brain for a minimum of 15 hours at least......which indicates that tolerance may develop during the day, as well as during the night, whereas beneficial effects are only felt during the night, when body/brain concentrations are higher. Thus, Lunesta has a very high probability of worsening Depression, Anxiety, and OCD symptoms during the Day, if it is taken at any time, (including nightly for insomnia/sleep issues).

Mar 28, 2010 (Started Oct 31, 2009)

Major (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Works exceptionally well for my insomnia, which is worsened by Parnate and Dextroamphetamine, and also by my OCD and anxiety of course. Lunesta helps me relax at night, usually i take 1/4th of the pill, a couple hours before i go to sleep, to help me wind down and stuff. If i take Lunesta with alot of food high in fat, it doesnt work as well, and sometimes i dont get to sleep...since Lunesta is fat-soluble, i guess it isnt absorbed into the bloodstream as quickly with lots of food. I believe, I experience some amount of rebound anxiety during the day, the opposite of the effects of Lunesta taken at night. I am 100% sure I am dependent on Lunesta to sleep, but this doesnt suprise me at all....usually i don't sleep well anyway. I hope to discontinue Lunesta ASAP, to see if its worsening my Anxiety and depression symptoms during the day.....most benzodiazpepines (including non-benzos like Lunesta, Zolpidem..) gradually worsen my symptoms after chronic use, regardless.

Nov 5, 2011 (Started Nov 07, 2005)

None (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Lunesta quit working for me. It was not helping me to get to sleep or stay asleep

Feb 21, 2010 (Started Nov 07, 2005)

Slight (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: Lunesta worked well for many many months. Then it got to where it was not working as well. Now I take only as needed

Apr 17, 2009 (Started Nov 07, 2005)

Slight (for insomnia)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: I am t the max dosage for Lunesta. Anymore it does not always help me sleep. My Dr has said if I want to quit and go to a different sleep med he will prescribe one. I was also told that Lunesta would let me sleep without having diffuclt dreams. This has not been the case. I have recurring bad dreams. And I am only sleeping 5 to 6 hours a nite.

Showing 3 of 29 patient evaluations for Eszopiclone