65 patient evaluations for Divalproex sodium

Jan 2, 2016 (Started Apr 07, 2011)

Slight (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: In order to stay on top of never missing a dose, I set my alarm on my iPhone as well as downloaded an app called Mango Health. It is free and very easy to use.

Jul 23, 2015 (Started Nov 26, 2014)

None (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: After trying everything for my headaches/migraines, I was hoping this one would work. But it did not.

Jul 22, 2015 (Started Nov 26, 2014)

None (for migraine headaches)
  • Side effects
Advice & Tips: After trying many meds for my headaches/migraines, this was my last hope. It did not work.

Aug 20, 2012 (Started Aug 15, 1988)

Moderate (for epilepsy)
  • Side effects
    Moderate (dental problems, weight gain, fatigue, generalized anxiety disorder)
Advice & Tips: I find the burden of taking this med very diffucult because I have been on the same med for 25 yrs now and I feel it is not as efficient now as it was 25 yrs ago. It is causing dental issues with my tooth enamel and gums. It causes weight issues even though I eat an extremely healthy diet and am active. In the past 3 yrs, I haven't felt nearly as well as in past yrs. I have recently learned that Drs. no longer perscribe Depakote to children as it may cause depression/suicidal thoughts. I believe I am experiencing feelings of anxiety due to long-term usage. I know there are newer/better medications and don't understand why my neurologist just shrugs me off when I mention the possibility for change.

Showing 3 of 65 patient evaluations for Divalproex sodium